Brake Pipe Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Pipe Help
Anyone made any of their own lines on here? I've got to replace one on the rear of my HDi which won't play ball. I'm struggling to replicate the flare as the Peugeot one seems to be conical in the opposite direction to what I seem to be making.

I have a kit from when I made some lines for my old Rover but that was a number of years ago and i seem to have forgotten how to use it. I have a Sealey one, like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-AK506-B...2c6704f042

Am I misunderstanding the kit, or is there a special die that needs to be used for Peugeot fittings. I don't know how to make this flare, as per my existing steel line, all mine seem to have the cone on the back face where this one is flat on the back and tapered on the front.

[Image: IMAG0339.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0341.jpg]

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=827367

Advice appreciated, I seem to be missing something obvious.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
to be honest i'd go your local motor factors, my local guy makes them up for about 5-10 quid each . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
And the rest, It's not as cheap as it used to be and with potential for about 8 lines to make it's hardly a cheap solution. Besides, DIY ftw.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 06:06 PM)C2K Wrote: And the rest, It's not as cheap as it used to be and with potential for about 8 lines to make it's hardly a cheap solution. Besides, DIY ftw.

yeah i agree, sorry, i thought you were just after a short one after the flexi . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Millfield do them cheap enough

You need a sticky out flare on the male fittings and an inflare on the female fittings
Thanks given by:
Sussed it. This video helped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaO2jAWqVU0

Millfield ain't so cheap, plus it's on my daily so i'm not fetching them all off and taking them down. Plus they gave me the wrong flare last time I bought a line from them.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pipe failure Mighty306 3 1,758 15-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,882 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Plastic brake pipe clips Mighty306 3 2,183 12-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mighty306