206 HDi 2.0 90 Remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 HDi 2.0 90 Remap
Right,

My boss's mate has a 206 HDi 90 and he wants to know if the map and software I have (which came with my car) will work on his?

I have the software and the cable thingy, but no experience.

What do I need to know about his engine, and pressumably the engine management system in order to get the remap to work?

Or is a remap for a 306 not advisable on what is essentially the same engine in a different car?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Afaik the map will work if the Ecu code is the same!
The cable and software will work fine!
Thanks given by:
As above, check the ecu codes match first, else you could end up with a bricked ecu. Failing that you can get stage 1s off mr_whippy or pro_steve for about 50 quid.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cool, I will advise as such then Smile

Um..

So how do I find out my ECU code? Blush
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Ecu code is on ecu.
Edc16c2
6 574 474 80
Something on the lines of that.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 12:03 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Ecu code is on ecu.
Edc16c2
6 574 474 80
Something on the lines of that.

not nessecery as the wifes 206hdi is a EDC15C2 code ending in 500

but as said look for the sticker on the ecu case which is located drivers inerwing in front of the strut top
Thanks given by:
You probably want to get a map specifically for your software.

I'm guessing yours is a 306 HDi, but theirs is a 206 HDi.

The 500 does come on both cars but I'd really want to check the binaries first to make sure they match generally before swapping stuff over.

Last thing you want to do is brick a mates ECU doing a freebie!

Dave
Thanks given by:
This is the thing, I'm not wanting to do it at all. He was quoted £200 elsewhere, what would you charge to do similar?
Thanks given by:
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Well if you are happy to read his data off, and your data off, I can check if they will be compatible for you free of charge.

Then it'd be up to you to tell your friend if they want to risk doing the read/write themselves, if it's compatible of course.

Alternatively I'll remap a car for £150 if they visit me, or £75 for the file remapping service for a stage 1 level tune, which might work out ok.

What tool is it you have for remapping? KWP or Galletto? Either should be fine.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by: