Recommend me some tools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me some tools
About the receipts actually, I think it depends on who you go to. I rocked up this weekend with a twisted extension bar head, and a broken ratchet, they replaced both there and then with no receipt or questions asked. Couldn't fault their service Smile
Thanks given by:
My local store manager (guildford) might as well of booted me out of his store witth the way I was speaking to him.

Within my right too! Even though my tools were clearly branded halfords, he would not change without a receipt as 'they could of been bought off ebay' pillock.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
ive had mine replaced without a reciept... maybe i just dont look as shifty as you lot!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 06:54 PM)Scott Wrote: About the receipts actually, I think it depends on who you go to. I rocked up this weekend with a twisted extension bar head, and a broken ratchet, they replaced both there and then with no receipt or questions asked. Couldn't fault their service Smile

yeah should of payed for them really seeing as it was my fault they broke.....apparently
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Krisb is right iv got a reciept thats really faded can just make it out so think i may laminate it haha

I use halfords professional and then rob my mstes garage for ones i aint got and he uses snap on and teng
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does it matter if they are bought off eBay or from a store new - the lifetime guarantee should still be honoured as it is their reputation they are trying to uphold - upsetting customers who could well go on to give them future business for many years will do their reputation no favours.
Would the snap on rep argue over a secondhand socket? I doubt it very much.
Thanks given by:
with halfords tools, if you sell them on, the warranty is invalid but as others have said, they rarely ask for a receipt. just take it in and try it.
Snap on can sell on as much as you like and they will replace. Thats what you pay for. Think the only thing they dont give lifetime warranty for is batteries for drills/guns etc
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nope he wouldn't.

Every single time I've broke something snap-on have replaced it. Sealed ratchet heads, brand new 16mm socket, monkey grips, and stuff I've bought off ebay.

The only things they won't cover are myimpact gun and abused tools.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
I can kind of see that standpoint for Halfords with it not being the original buyer, they're trying to get more people to buy new, but at the same time the lifetime warranty covers the tool so should be independent of the buyer. If the tool is broken then it should be fixed.
Thanks given by:
Forgot to try Halfords on the way home, will have to try and remember tomorrow instead now!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
What really pissed me of with Halfords stuff is the fact that if you had Pro stuff, they replace it with f*cking Advanced shit... Which is nothing like as good, doesn't have a lifetime warranty and the ratchets with pro are covered too... Advanced aren't... Which is the thing you nigh on always break...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 10:04 PM)Ruan Wrote: What really pissed me of with Halfords stuff is the fact that if you had Pro stuff, they replace it with f*cking Advanced shit... Which is nothing like as good, doesn't have a lifetime warranty and the ratchets with pro are covered too... Advanced aren't... Which is the thing you nigh on always break...

Did not know that! I honestly thought if it says advanced on it, then its covered by there warranty :/ I have an advanced set and never had any trouble, nothings broke yet and im really happy with it Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
My stuffs mainly teng when it comes to ratchets and its brilliant, can't fault it although you don't have the warranty
Thanks given by:
To be honest with you for what it cost me which is about £30 odd I got 300 assorted sockets and ratchets snd swivels and extensions of various makes and if I break one or lose one down the scrappies or i lend one to a mate and he forgets to give it back I'll just dig another one out for what it cost me - there's some good stuff in there as previously mentioned britool Gedore Elora draper expert Halfords professional and some cheap ass I branded stuff as well but for what it cost me it doesn't matter if I use the ratchet as a hammer it's disposable - I've got another 5 ratchet handles lol. Halfords can stick their poxy not without a receipt up their ass as I'm not going to pay over the odds and if their stuff is that good how come there are so many of their industrial range of roll cabs on eBay with damage that they can't sell in store. It's supposed to be their strongest toughest range but it ain't all that as I have a set. I think it's made for them by the same company that makes them for Sealey as they look identical apart from the Halfords branding. I wonder who makes the tools for them?
Thanks given by:
I've always used and bought Clarke stuff, and I've never broke anything unintentionally. The only things I've broke have been cheapo sockets that I've hammered over rounded off bolt heads Wink

Machine Mart FTW!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Decided to ask for cash for my birthday in 4 weeks time, so the new budget is going to be around £100

So how does this affect recommendations?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I spoke too soon about the cheap 'Phaze' kit! Sad

Probably my fault tbh, trying to remove rear caliper bolts (65Nm) lol. Meh, for a tenner I'll get another anyway!

As for your new budget, halfords pro toolkit is ftw.... Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 07:54 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Decided to ask for cash for my birthday in 4 weeks time, so the new budget is going to be around £100

So how does this affect recommendations?

For new budget....................bigger halfords kit Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i've got mostly snap on/blue point tools as there have a liftime warranty and the snap on man comes round like every couple of weeks but i do have a mixture of most makes like draper, bergen, us pro, facom and loads of other cheap tools that i just abuse
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brake line making tools zx_volcane 3 1,608 07-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  same tools, different manufacturer bashbarnard 27 8,011 01-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Tongue Tools Matt 31 9,510 18-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Tom