Aux belt tensioning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aux belt tensioning.
Hi all my aux belt on my car is always squealing and is starting to annoy me, had a go at tensioning it up yesterday but already seems to be fully tightened also if you look at the belt its flaping around where it runs across the bottom between the crank pulley and tensioner. anyone heard of these stretching and getting loose, do you reckon a new belt would fix it? Any help would be awesome.
Cheers now.
Thanks given by:
What is the condition of the belt as it may be worth just changing it. Also do you have a/c as the tensioner is slightly different on these.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 04:47 PM)londondan86 Wrote: What is the condition of the belt as it may be worth just changing it. Also do you have a/c as the tensioner is slightly different on these.

Belt looks ok tbh just seems to be sagging and squeals all the time, Does have a/c but the tensioner looks pretty straight forward.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 04:59 PM)nath_ski Wrote:
(15-10-2012, 04:47 PM)londondan86 Wrote: What is the condition of the belt as it may be worth just changing it. Also do you have a/c as the tensioner is slightly different on these.

Belt looks ok tbh just seems to be sagging and squeals all the time, Does have a/c but the tensioner looks pretty straight forward.

Yea but there are 2 types:

[Image: 149208914.jpg]

and

[Image: 5310148100.jpg]

Either way there should be 45* movement either way when fully tight. Has it always been like this or just since the belt was last changed as there are a few different sizes available for the 306.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Its the bottom one, Seems to be as tight as it goes will just replace the belt tomo see how it goes. I know the guy that had before me had it off to replace something so maybe its just old and shit.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Belt slapping wildly - belt tensioned - pics added ginge191 57 28,865 25-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31