heating oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heating oil
Do those of you admitting running on illegal fuels really think its a good idea to be admitting this on a public forum?

Its not hard for the HMRC to get your email address, find out your details then come and have a look at your car and seize it. You might also get fined as the HMRC will see youve been "running it for years" and calculate the back duty owed and then add interest and a fine on top. Also then youll have a criminal record for tax evasion and thats never going to look good to an employer and will even increase your car insurance premiums

Yes if you have a £300 DTurbo and you run it it wouldnt take long to save more than the value of the car but is it really worth it cos your only bargaining on not getting caught.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 02:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Do those of you admitting running on illegal fuels really think its a good idea to be admitting this on a public forum?

I was thinking that...

I don't know why people bother, I mean a DT is hardly expensive to run on pump diesel.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
is veg oil still legal under 2500 ltrs?
Thanks given by:
Right few things to clear up I think in here.

Red Diesel is NOT White Diesel dyed. It is to all intents and purposes a different fuel.

Red Diesel often known as Gasoil has NOT got any Biodiesel in it due to the fact it's often stored for long periods in damp conditions - ripe for Diesel bug which Biodiesel is even worse for. Red isn't just for Agri use, it's used in Marine also - another reason for the lack of Bio in it. It also has a slightly higher sulphur content as generally older agri machinery runs on it and their pumps are intolerant of todays Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel. There was a big hoo-har a few years ago when they started putting Bio in Red Gasoil as people were finding instant Diesel bug problems and they also dropped the Sulphur content, I think the sulphur content has stayed down, but they stopped the bio, you can now buy sulphur additives instead. There is other chemicals in Red Diesel, naturally the easiest way to check is just by the colour, but as I understand it, they tend not to bother with other methods unless they specifically know someone has been using it and they're using it for evidence.

Just had a quick look, you can now buy Carbon-Offset Red Diesel - which is exactly the same as road diesel with the dyes etc in to note it as duty free. That'll have all the Bio and Ultra-Low Suphur in.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

I don't know why people bother, I mean a DT is hardly expensive to run on pump diesel.
[/quote]

you sure about that?

i can get as little as 300per tank full if im enthusiastic with the throttle thats 20mpg give or take lol it is tuned though you need to drive a dturbo insanely slow to get good mpg if its tuned. the standard ones arnt to bad though but would still struggle to get 45mpg
Thanks given by:
I get 45mpg avergae...stage1 tune...50% enthusiastic driving...

yes cheap on pump diesel...but at 65p a litre...I dont feel bad to enjoy boost more often!! And thats less than half price too!!

FYI...running veg oil for up to 2500litres per year for domestic,social and commuting is perfectly legal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2013, 10:52 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I get 45mpg avergae...stage1 tune...50% enthusiastic driving...

yes cheap on pump diesel...but at 65p a litre...I dont feel bad to enjoy boost more often!! And thats less than half price too!!

FYI...running veg oil for up to 2500litres per year for domestic,social and commuting is perfectly legal

i do admit i enjoy boost more than most if i could get veg oil all filtered and ready to put into my car i would be quite happy to use its just a lot of faffing about trying to do it yourself.
Thanks given by:
cost me about 60quid...but check out my project thread...I gota filter system sorted...much cleaner/simpler than filter socks etc I used to use which were a nightmare
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

[/quote]

you sure about that?

i can get as little as 300per tank full if im enthusiastic with the throttle thats 20mpg give or take lol it is tuned though you need to drive a dturbo insanely slow to get good mpg if its tuned. the standard ones arnt to bad though but would still struggle to get 45mpg
[/quote]

Ether you're running a lot of max fuel, or you have a leak. I can still get 500+ out of mine.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
yeah I thought was odd...my last run of 20litres I been tanking it due to fiddling with the pump and cold morning starts on veg...and still getting 40-45mpg
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

[/quote]

you sure about that?

[/quote]

I've had a few tuned XUDs mate and I've never seen anything like 20mpg! My current one is giving me around 35mpg sat in crawling traffic with occasional ragging, and all my XUDs have managed 55mpg on a run with ease, even with 24psi and plenty of max fuel/coal. Not being funny mate but yours has issues by the sound of it...

To be fair, I think I just have a different view of what's cheap to run, to me 30mpg average is economical, but a lot class that as thirsty these days. That's probably why I can't be arsed filtering veg oil from the takeaway, and running veg from Asda wouldn't save me much more than £30 a month with the miles I do.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  thermal fuse inthe heating resistor pack felix 2 1,017 13-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Last Post: stevieg