heating oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heating oil
can a bosch and lucas pump run on heating oil ?
Thanks given by:
Only a Bosch
Thanks given by:
Bosch should run it. Have heard people using all kinds of stuff! Runs on rats piss
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
lol,my mates got a big container with £900 worth in it..dont want to put it in and it goes tits up,thought i needed a bosch pump just checking.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 11:24 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Only a Bosch

Why?

I know someone thats run it on a lucas, little bit less power, but the pump hasn't fallen apart.
Thanks given by:
you can use it on a lucas but the risk comes with it, i was using chip fat on a lucas pump and it was fine...

whether your willing to risk it or not! im sure chris has used heating oil on a lucas in the past..
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
If the pump fails will it cause more damage to the engine or just pump
Thanks given by:
Be careful, heating oil is not road legal fuel and HMRC would take a very dim view of it. They can confiscate and crush your car amongst other penalties.
Thanks given by:
surely heating oil is just a heavy oil not to far removed from diesel, rather than veg which is totally different and can perish seals ...etc

This also >
(15-10-2012, 01:08 PM)ally406 Wrote: Be careful, heating oil is not road legal fuel and HMRC would take a very dim view of it. They can confiscate and crush your car amongst other penalties.
Thanks given by:
Heating oil is another name for RED DIESEL from what I remember.

It is very illegal to run on and its red colour is far too much of a giveaway if you get your tank dipped.

If your gonna run on illegal fuel at least make sure it looks and smalls like legal stuff.
Thanks given by:
Heating oil is blue, it has a blue die in.
JP
Thanks given by:
it's not legal, kerozone i think it's called, if you do use it though mix with a little 2 stroke oil as it burns much hotter and drier than diesel or veg afaik, pump needs some extra lube . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 03:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Heating oil is another name for RED DIESEL from what I remember.

It is very illegal to run on and its red colour is far too much of a giveaway if you get your tank dipped.

If your gonna run on illegal fuel at least make sure it looks and smalls like legal stuff.

heating oil is called kerosene, purpose is for heating in houses with old fashioned heating systems. it is YELLOW and very mistakable as it looks like white diesel.

red diesel is exactly the same as white diesel (road legal stuff) but has a red dye added to it as it is taxed differently for 'agricultural use' (off road use). only reason for the red dye is to recognize it from diesel that has VAT which is not added to red diesel. the army also use red diesel..

companies that have there own diesel supply use diesel with all different colors in it! for example our local bus company use blue diesel... the dye is there so the government can keep track on who is using what.

and every single fuel has a different chemical in it so it can be told apart from the rest e.g you could run on heating oil but it you were dipped at the road side the police know it isnt diesel with VAT..
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
ive used heating oil (kerosene) for years in field cars etc and never had a problem if im nearly out of diesel and think im not gona make it to the filling station i through a gallon or so in to the tank car seems to run ok on it although its been well diluted.

i know friends and taxi men that all use it they all have there different opinions of what to mix with it some say 50/50 diesel kerosene some say through a liter of new veg oil in with each tank full ive also heard of people using 2stroke,

as of yet ive not heard of anyone's engine dieing because of it as someone said it is a gamble as far as the popo and your pump are concerned weather or not its worth it is personal opinionSmile
Thanks given by:
Heating oil wont cause any damage, but sadly it is illegal, aka kerosene (totally different than road going derv / red derv) and ive never come across heating oil with blue die in it.....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I know someone using it 5-6 years solid, straight d with bosch.
Thanks given by:
red diesel also has other chemicals added to it so it shows up on litmus paper. even if you remove the red dye somehow itl still show up as illegal if the police check.
you can run on straight kerosene as i have done in field cars but dont know how good it is for the engine in the long run as ive never kept a field car long enough to find out
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I used kero and gas oil for years on a lucas and run fine. Did dry the pump tho as it is known to on a lucas but abit of engine oil in the mix solved that Smile
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 06:10 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: red diesel also has other chemicals added to it so it shows up on litmus paper. even if you remove the red dye somehow itl still show up as illegal if the police check.
you can run on straight kerosene as i have done in field cars but dont know how good it is for the engine in the long run as ive never kept a field car long enough to find out
Wait what? Pretty sure when VOSA dip you they just check the colour? I've always ran my diesels on red diesel dyed blue
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 07:28 PM)Dicky Wrote:
(24-01-2013, 06:10 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: red diesel also has other chemicals added to it so it shows up on litmus paper. even if you remove the red dye somehow itl still show up as illegal if the police check.
Wait what? Pretty sure when VOSA dip you they just check the colour? I've always ran my diesels on red diesel dyed blue

if you get your tank dipped its with litmus paper. honest, it will show up as been red diesel no matter what color it is as there is alot of additives to make sure people cant get away with using red derv by doing something as simple as adding a different color dye
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
dedo big illegal

fyi...not worth risking lucas pump...may only last 50miles
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 03:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Heating oil is another name for RED DIESEL from what I remember.

i can get the good old cherry by the drum.Idea
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 07:36 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(25-01-2013, 07:28 PM)Dicky Wrote:

if you get your tank dipped its with litmus paper. honest, it will show up as been red diesel no matter what color it is as there is alot of additives to make sure people cant get away with using red derv by doing something as simple as adding a different color dye
First I've honestly heard of that :S also heard they weigh it too and it weighs less than normal diesel
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Lots of shit going around in this thread form the usual suspects lol
Thanks given by:
lol iv been using kerosine ages now, same as desiel pretty much is a grade higher than desiel, havew a read on wiki, makes my car run slightly quicker and smokes less than straight desiel. 75p/ltr u carnt moan lol
Thanks given by:
But its illegal?!
So you will be moaning when your car is crushed and you're fined!! lol

I found new supplier for veg oil...75p pr litre...already filtered to 1micron...mix with little petrol or diesel and good all year round. and its legal for domestic use...IE not for commercial, business etc

Lucas...it will break...maybe in 10miles maybe in 5000...but it will go boom
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Surely by that logic anything goes boom after a while
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
....Bosch pumps...I have a bunch of mates on over 100k on veg oil...no issues...I am close to 60k now...

What I mean is it will fail...and badly...its knowing when...not worth the risk IMO
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
mines a old 1997 na just done 210000+ miles with a bosch on been running straight veg about 3 years now no issues at all except throttle spindel showing a little wet fuel around it also end leak of pipe blank plug a bit of wet fuel buts it been about 8 months and has not got any worse got bits to do them but hey i will wait till it gets worse lol i will continue to run veg for the forseable future piggy1987 does your supplier sell to anyone? i would be interested in 60 liters per time if possible?
Thanks given by:
he sells min 300litres a time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  thermal fuse inthe heating resistor pack felix 2 1,017 13-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Last Post: stevieg