Rover 100 gta

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rover 100 gta
Right now ina a few months I'm thinking of buying my mates missus's rover gta looks like a fun little car and with a 1.4 16v it shifts :-) just wondering if anyone has owned one or knows anything about them as Im thinking of using it as a project maybe put somethig crazy in it like a Honda b16/18 engine
Thanks given by:
Awaits the standard Procta response... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Ok I guess, but personally I would rather a Saxo VTS / 106 GTI - better all round package, more aftermarket support, more spares available and probably cheaper.

Neither are safe in an accident though!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 07:57 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: Awaits the standard Procta response... Tongue

Was gonna say INB4Procta lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I've had 2 now but like C.A.R says limited aftermarket Parts for them only rover 100 wheels will fit nothing else without pcs adapter ect but I loved mine if have another any day
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
what do you want to know?
Thanks given by:
Didnt realise you knew about them Procta? Must've kept that quiet! lol
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 08:26 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Ok I guess, but personally I would rather a Saxo VTS / 106 GTI - better all round package, more aftermarket support, more spares available and probably cheaper.

I've had two vtr's and a vts had a rather bad crash in one theyvarr good cars but been there for that and all, I'm ok with getting pcd adapters for wheels I'll pribs be going something 12 maybe 13" only other things I'd do is slam it and maybe some engine mods or an engine swap what the engine like tuning wise ??

Excuse the bad grammar my ipoo is ass with tapatalk :-(
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 03:43 PM)Jukie88 Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 08:26 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Ok I guess, but personally I would rather a Saxo VTS / 106 GTI - better all round package, more aftermarket support, more spares available and probably cheaper.

I've had two vtr's and a vts had a rather bad crash in one theyvarr good cars but been there for that and all, I'm ok with getting pcd adapters for wheels I'll pribs be going something 12 maybe 13" only other things I'd do is slam it and maybe some engine mods or an engine swap what the engine like tuning wise ??

Excuse the bad grammar my ipoo is ass with tapatalk :-(

tuning wise, your better off swopping the engine for a higher cc, as its cheeper. the 1.4 16vs can be pushed to about 120 bhp but you mite aswell drop the 1.6 as you will have 120 bhp straight away. or better still drop the 1.8 non vvc, which can be pushed to about 200 bhp with throttle boddies and upgraded pistons etc.
you can get aftermarket wheels for them.
see the link
http://www.metropower.org.uk/portal/defa...88&mnu=188
as for slammin them, not as easy as you think. you dont let the fluid out of them and thats it, as its dangerous makes the suspention soft, you have to cut down the rods and trumpets then pump up to desired ride height and up the pressure.
also upgraded droop stops have to be fitted to stop it bottoming out.
then you have to make it handle. by sorcing front and rear anti role bars, they are getting a little hard to sorce. also front damper mounting plates will have to be welded in too for it to take dampers at the front.
i was told to becareful with the suspention setup from a mg metro cup driver. he said hydrolastic is dead easy to get wrong. plus you will distory it as a road car.
get them to handle as good as a vts etc, your looking at bolting the rear subframe to the floor, and fitting rear turrents with dampers all round.
brakes wise, you can fit mgf 4 pots but it will require 15" wheels on ( bit of a f*ck on fitting 15"s at the rear)
if i were you and you want to have a bit of fun with it, id just fit front dampers, anti roles bars front and back and thats it. Gti spec you mite aswell say. i have been told to fit front dampers to mine even tho i have mgf rear cans on the front which are "uprated"
Thanks given by:
Ive seen a few 1.8 engine from the 25 gti in them how much effor is that as I'm not one for wiring ??
Thanks given by:
People say its bad but my last 2 have had no fluid in say on there arse handles like a train and no body roll what so ever no problem with it Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
They not have any springs ??
Thanks given by:
I had the 1.8 with twin webbers in my rover metro was epic and spat flames for fun out of straight through stainless Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nahh there hydrolastic, has fluid in spheres, the fluid compresses and dampens the suspention

If you look under the back you will see to cylindrical things these are the spheres that store the fluid

And if you see a pipe coming from it follow it till you see a tyre valve (under the car) remove the cap and insert a matchstick till you get the desired ride hight

If you empty it all it will be slammed but quite firm handles like a train tho

People say not to but I've done it on my 2 and was fine

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I emptied the full suspesion and sump was approx 1/2 inch off floor maybe worth havin a sump guard or carry chemical metal and a tub of oil lol

[Image: Screenshot_2012-10-14-14-27-42.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2012-10-14-14-27-19.png]

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm kinda looking forward to when I get this little car never owned a rover or anything I've stuck to Vag ford and Citroen/pugs looks like a fun little car :-) how nippy is the 1.4 that's in it it's the gta model ??
Thanks given by:
[Image: 424086_10150676260972697_626488034_n.jpg]

That was my old one nice and low

I've got a blog on here have a search pal

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Wicked little cars :-) think I may leave the 1.4 just deck it spac the wheels out at the back set of alleycats then I'd leave it at that I recon :-)
Thanks given by:
1.8 none vvc engine will just need a engine loom from a R100 mpi, and the matching 5as, ecu and black starter box.
you sure danny about dropping them down just as you said?
http://www.metropower.org.uk/forum/forum...50&posts=4
http://www.metropower.org.uk/forum/forum...76&posts=5
Thanks given by:
All of that literally means nothing to me lol think when I get it and have an issue or need any advice you're the guy to talk too it seems !!!
Thanks given by:
Mehh if somethings not done as should be everyone goes mad.

Personal experience ive driven standard height metros and 2 with no fluid and they handle a dam sight better with nothing in not saying do it but i see no problem just put 42 psi in the front tyres and its all good

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
dan the more you let down the softer the suspention, the mg metro cup boys dont do that and they throw the cars around corners. when mine was slammed, i could lift the wheel up as those i had no suspention!
wider tyres, a rear anti role bar makes a difference.
Thanks given by:
Sit it on the bump stops got no chance to be soft then!

Anyway Jukie has 2 options to lower it see what he chooses

Get some picks up of it pal.

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 01:39 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: I'm kinda looking forward to when I get this little car never owned a rover or anything I've stuck to Vag ford and Citroen/pugs looks like a fun little car :-) how nippy is the 1.4 that's in it it's the gta model ??

id say they are about as quick as a vtr saxo thats the 16v ones . 1.4 8vs have been known to be quite nippy too. watch a few mg metro cup races on youtube great fun to watch!
a vvc one is a fuckin hoot! my mate had a drive and cammed it up the box. it scared him and he loved it! he said its planning to kill you! reminded him of his classic mini couper.
Thanks given by:
Hydrogas fluid tastes horrible... I remember when I let mine down slightly due to them being stock height on my mk2.. Reminded of a scene from Alien.. Spraying everywhere, drenching me

Gonna have to buy another 'tro
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 04:17 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Sit it on the bump stops got no chance to be soft then!

I haven't got it yet will be getting it hopefully sometime before jan as its still in use by my m8 I just had first dibs as he's planning on getting rid for a bigger car but it is near as makes no difference exactly the same as this m8    
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 09:34 PM)Jukie88 Wrote:
(14-10-2012, 04:17 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Sit it on the bump stops got no chance to be soft then!

I haven't got it yet will be getting it hopefully sometime before jan as its still in use by my m8 I just had first dibs as he's planning on getting rid for a bigger car but it is near as makes no difference exactly the same as this m8
a replica of mine! i wonder if thats the one that is knocking about durham. he gave me a toot last year.
Thanks given by:
Ok so went in a rover metro today an even older one with the square lights which had a rover tomcat turbo engine ?? If that makes any sense to anyone and holy sweet Jesus it was immense only ever been that scared in a mini with a hyabusa engine and a daihatsu gtti with around 300bhp I was crappin myself at around 135mph !!!! It's insane I can't wait to get this little rover and take it for a few thrashes !!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just when you thought a rover couldn't get any more vile Ben_w 8 3,437 04-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,428 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy
  Bikers vs. Range Rover C.A.R. 53 12,402 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel