Coolant Hose From Cylinder Head

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolant Hose From Cylinder Head
Hi all,

quick question. Can someone tell me where the coolant pipe coming from the bottom left corner of the cylinder head is supposed to be attached? the pipe is coming out from like behind a metal plate cover which covers a hole in the head.

Thanks all.

(12-10-2012, 07:42 PM)bcac306 Wrote: Hi all,

quick question. Can someone tell me where the coolant pipe coming from the bottom left corner of the cylinder head is supposed to be attached? the pipe is coming out from like behind a metal plate cover which covers a hole in the head.

Thanks all.

It seems that it is only fitted to turbo diesels and not to N/A ones.
Thanks given by:
If it's the plate behind the injection pump that's got a 4mm pipe coming off it, that should connect to the bleed line that goes from there, tees into another pipe coming from behind the fuel filter/thermostat housing and then down to the header tank - it's all one pipe that connects back with a tee piece in.

Hope this helps.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 09:30 PM)Ruan Wrote: If it's the plate behind the injection pump that's got a 4mm pipe coming off it, that should connect to the bleed line that goes from there, tees into another pipe coming from behind the fuel filter/thermostat housing and then down to the header tank - it's all one pipe that connects back with a tee piece in.

Hope this helps.

Great thanks for the reply Smile I know which pipe you are referring to.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cylinder head manni surface sanding 306Puggy 9 3,000 05-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  the more robust engine cylinder head niciou 4 1,656 03-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dave
  cylinder head xud11 12 s niciou 17 4,326 08-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Last Post: niciou