EGR blank - correct?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR blank - correct?
Bought this off eBay weeks ago with the intention of fitting it, have I bought the right blank?

[Image: D290B585-983F-47CD-8DF4-9933055533CF-276...1D427F.jpg]

I understand these can be a right c*nt to fit too - any tips?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks right to me.... I'd be interested to know how you do it/reach it though. Couldn't even get my hand to the EGR valve when I tried!
Thanks given by:
Well every time I have gone to do it recently I've pulled up and thought "fook me that's warm" and found other little jobs to do in the meantime but then forget to do this friggin' EGR blank when the engine does cool down!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
will be a fiddly job, what end of the egr dose this go?? inlet or exhaust? inlet side would be easyer to get to just take the inlet elbow off then easy to get to, took me ages to get the bolt holes to line up when i was putting the froward facing elbow for intercooler can imagen it being harder with this in place

Thanks given by:
Have yet to find any decent pictures / a guide on how to do it to be honest, so not looking forward to the task. Have a shit-ton of tools so not too worried about that, but some guidance would be good lol
Thanks given by:
Rather easy tbh.

There are 2 5mm allen key bolts that hold the egr to the inlet elbow. Remove these, push the egr back slightly.
holding the blank put the top bolt through and start the threads, swing the blank down and pop in the lower bolt, tighten the bolts.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't find no pictures though Chris.
I likes pictures.

Also what to do about the solenoid / actuator thingy, which is by the brake servo if I've done my research properly?
Thanks given by:
Leave it connected so it wont bring up any codes.

Go look at the car its easy, it is tucked right round the back on the inlet elbow though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need 2 blanking plates if you wanna remove it compleetly but that one goes between the inlet elbow and the egr pipe and will be a pain in the arse to do on a downward pointing elbow.

Removing the vac hose between the solenoid and the EGR valve is much easier untill you fit a HDi110 elbow.
Thanks given by:
What about removing the elbow first? Is that a big job?
Thanks given by:
Removing the elbow first is a cock as youll loose the boost hose down the back of the engine and struggle to get it back on again. Not to mention removing the elbow takes a fair bit of wiggling

Personally id go with what CJ said cos if you slacken off the top of the elbow youll see how full of shit it is and want to remove it to clean it and if some of the shit drops out then you might not be able to get a boost tight seal again without removing ti to seal it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah getting the elbow back on is a complete pita
Thanks given by:
Also if your taking the elbow off you might as well just get it welded
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 hdi fuel gauge not correct barnesy213 4 1,689 17-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle. mechsman 25 6,848 22-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Correct filter housing? JTaylor2005 6 1,482 21-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005