new 2 the site boost gauge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new 2 the site boost gauge
Newbie y'all, got a 306 hdi d turbo, stage 1 map, de cat, boost gauge, just getting it in mint condition at the min, done 106k. Just had a limp mode issue but sorted now, all it took was a new fuel filter and runs better than b4 big time
Just trying 2 get a pic uploaded but struggling atm. Any help welcome, live im Staffordshire by the way if there is ever any meets going on wud like 2 know, cheers guys p.s could do with a better place 2 route my boost gauge pipe work in to the car, its sort of bodged in going in thru the door hinge area at the min wud love 2 sort it proper,
Thanks given by:
Think there is a little rubber bung next to the brake servo, Push it through there!
Thanks given by:
you mean next 2 the brake servo? There's nothing on the passengers side of the bulkhead any way,
Thanks given by:
yeah, like directly to the right of the servo, there should be a grommet to poke a hole in/topoke all the way thru.

also, welcome. your name. i see what you tharr
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Name is jed, jus trying 2 get a pic of my car up but on struggling cuz using my fone atm
Thanks given by:
oh right, so it wasn't a play on jedi? awww....

got a smart phone? use the photobucket app, upload straight off your phone, then copy the IMG links over.

Thanks given by:
Will give it a try with the pics, wanna make my profile look a bit better, got a p.c at home with all my decent pics on so will do it on there, what mods R U running mate
Thanks given by:
I don't currently have a 306 on the road, but I used to have an xsi, lowered, yellow headlights and white wheels. And a rediculous exhaust.

Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 07:55 PM)samass Wrote: I don't currently have a 306 on the road, but I used to have an xsi, lowered, yellow headlights and white wheels. And a rediculous exhaust.

..............and a totally original Haribo bucket enclosed air filter Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 07:24 PM)JED.HDI Wrote: its sort of bodged in going in thru the door hinge area at the min wud love 2 sort it proper,

Nothing wrong with that at all hahaha, that's where mine is and held there with a shit load of gaffer tape Big Grin

Welcome BTW!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome.
Thanks given by:
welcome Smile.
Thanks given by:
Cheers 4 all the welcomes peeps, still can't find the mystery rubber hung next 2 the brake servo 2 run my boost gauge lime thru, any more ideas where it can b done, I do like the bodged look running it thru the door, but jus wanna tidy it up a bit more, also the gauge is mounted abouve the ash tray so wanna put it in a vent instead,
Thanks given by:
welcome 2 the forum m8. No idea y you cant find the rubber bung next 2 the break servo. SHould be rel8tvly easy 2 find!
Thanks given by:
If there isn't a bung, whip out the drill and make your own hole, you can buy grommets cheap to put back in or silicon it back up.
Thanks given by:
Jus gotta b careful where 2 drill tho ha! What side is it on if ur looking straight at the servo, mines a phase 3 hdi by the way, also any1 know a good place 2 get my cyclones sprayed up in mids/ Derbyshire / Staffordshire? Not scuffed at all, jus paint bubles in a few places. N nice 1 4 all the good chat on ere, good site with good peeps on ere!
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 06:41 PM)JED.HDI Wrote: also any1 know a good place 2 get my cyclones sprayed up in mids/ Derbyshire / Staffordshire? Not scuffed at all, jus paint bubles in a few places.

MTFU and do it yourself Tongue
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 06:41 PM)JED.HDI Wrote: Jus gotta b careful where 2 drill tho ha! What side is it on if ur looking straight at the servo, mines a phase 3 hdi by the way, also any1 know a good place 2 get my cyclones sprayed up in mids/ Derbyshire / Staffordshire? Not scuffed at all, jus paint bubles in a few places. N nice 1 4 all the good chat on ere, good site with good peeps on ere!
As said i would be inclined to refurb myself.
I did my own wheels you can choose what colour you want.
Thanks given by:
What grade sand paper would U use and what's the best primer and paint, its gotta b durable on alloys ain't it mate
Thanks given by:
id say flat with no less than 500 wet and dry tbh if its just scuffs or are you filling aswel?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate Big Grin

(11-10-2012, 07:55 PM)samass Wrote: I don't currently have a 306 on the road, but I used to have an xsi, lowered, yellow headlights and white wheels. And a rediculous exhaust.

Lacked brembos i do believe....
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 01:25 PM)PUGMON Wrote: Lacked brembos i do believe....

yes indeedy... got them sitting in living room for the next one tho Big Grin

Thanks given by:
haha! excellentayyyy! Really liked that car aswell!
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 01:33 PM)PUGMON Wrote: haha! excellentayyyy! Really liked that car aswell!

cheers man, so did i! she's looking in a bit of a sorry state atm...

Thanks given by:
Onwards and upwards mate, Think of it as phase two to the phase 2.... rather than back to square one. :-)
Thanks given by:
oh hells yeah dude, got plans, just need money ninja

Thanks given by:
We all got the plans jus needs the funds ha!
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 01:41 PM)JED.HDI Wrote: We all got the plans jus needs the funds ha!

word!

Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 11:44 AM)JED.HDI Wrote: What grade sand paper would U use and what's the best primer and paint, its gotta b durable on alloys ain't it mate
If the alloys have bubbled/oxidized, you will have to take the paint right the way back to alloy (80 disc is useful). or get them sandblasted.
Then work your way up the grades (80 > 180 > 320 > quick 500) to get all the deep scratches out from the 80 and to make the alloys smooth.
Blow them off an panel wipe. mask up. blow and panel wipe again. and let spraying happan! Smile
Hope this helps or gives you an idea anyway.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 02:39 PM)Mike Wrote:
(13-10-2012, 11:44 AM)JED.HDI Wrote: What grade sand paper would U use and what's the best primer and paint, its gotta b durable on alloys ain't it mate
If the alloys have bubbled/oxidized, you will have to take the paint right the way back to alloy (80 disc is useful). or get them sandblasted.
Then work your way up the grades (80 > 180 > 320 > quick 500) to get all the deep scratches out from the 80 and to make the alloys smooth.
Blow them off an panel wipe. mask up. blow and panel wipe again. and let spraying happan! Smile
Hope this helps or gives you an idea anyway.

little bit longer but id miss the 80 imho just to avoid getting to 500 and realising theres huge scratches on it Smile but hey up to you
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie on this site 306 rallye Lee306 6 2,109 19-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  New to the site itone24 10 2,725 28-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Last Post: george wheatley
Big Grin 306hdi owner new to site :) Andydavies306 10 2,970 05-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Ben_AvA