SPAX RSX - anyone tried?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAX RSX - anyone tried?
Hi guys,

Looking at suspension options and wondering if anyone's ever tried SPAX RSX on a 306? I need a high quality damper / spring assembly which I can chose my own spring options etc.

Also - anyone know the difference between the £450(ish) GAZ coilovers, and the £800 GAZ coilovers?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
The coilovers that Gaz do are normally the standard 'adjustables' and the 'Gold' ones.
Thanks given by:
Paid £405 delivered for my set of gaz coilies/rear shocks. The gaz golds are the uber options, visit their website, i found all sorts of useful info on there Smile
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah ok - so main difference is just more adjustability on the Gold's?

I want it so I can get it set really pretty stiff for smooth tarmac track use.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Basically they're made to a higher quality, lighter materials and a few other fancy things. They explain their ranges very well on their website
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had AVO's on my old hdi and they were great.
There ~550ish last time I looked.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz car has AVO's and there's not enough damper travel to run it low and it not bottom the damper valves out over bumps.
JP
Thanks given by:
The 'Gold' models have a much more stable/higher quality oil, hand matched valving shims, PTFE rather than rubber piston bands for less friction, higher internal pressure for more consistant damping (and separated gas/oil using bags), and better viscoelastic bumpstops on the rear that were suitable to actually run on (Or they used to, might have changed as the factory went up in flames).

If you go through a Gaz distributor rather than an off-the-shelf kit, they can have the dampers made shorter for your intended ride height if needed.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
i have the spax rsx and i think there spot on, with a good set of tyres they go really well, and i can also have like 20 different settings to ajust softness mine are set quite hard tho, but i think there quite good.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spax Coilovers Paodl 1 840 07-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  SPAX rear damper bushes Piggy 1 964 15-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Spax PSX Poodle 9 2,257 15-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Last Post: DaveW