Project smokey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project smokey
As said mate gutted for you. The reshell will be epic tho if you get it ninja

Thanks given by:
That's a right load of crap, mate! Best of luck with the next one...
Thanks given by:
Still gutted Sad
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Side strips are back on so with mirror and indicator replaced it looks better, thankfully the crap weather is help to hide it lol
Thanks given by:
Smokeys been bumped again :p came out this morning and the neighbours 61 plate scirrocco used my towbar as a brake :p no damage to mine, i like towbars Smile

[Image: y6e2etu3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wtf man! what is it about yours car haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dunno i keep pulling the target stickers off it and they still aim for it lol never mind, its days could be numbered, or not haven't decided yet
Thanks given by:
Tom Matt black ftw I need the rear bumper hahahaha Wink

Thanks given by:
Hahaha arse, your forgetting the back bumper has also been used for target practice :p
Thanks given by:
Although smokeys days seem to be number firgured id give his engine some tlc tomorrow, finnaly gonna change my leaky rocker gasket and squeaky fan belt and chuck a new filter n oil in, also gonna be using some; bond it 'rescue tape' to wrap around the joints on the fuel pipes until i get round to changing all of them hopefully it will help seal any minor air ingress problems.
[Image: a8eqy4e3.jpg]
Headset minus HG so all gaskets are there ready for when the timing belt is done and the turbo changed, got crank and cam seals inlet/zorst gasket injector fire seals and washers (although i already have a set) and lots of other gaskets n seals Smile also some 10w40 and a filter £50
Thanks given by:
Any news on a replacement for Smokey yet?
Gotta sort that air in the fuel out as well bud.
I've got a load of clear hose but don't know if its the right diameter for what you need bud?
Thanks given by:
Pah im just drivin it with the stereo up at the moment keep looking at it and thinking its gotta go then look again and think ill keep it and sort it either way i need another car Sad just dunno what to do anynore contemplating a summer perv
Thanks given by:
Summer gti6 mate gotta be done Wink then sell it to me so I can blow it up Wink hahaha

Thanks given by:
Murderer Sad
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 03:27 PM)Parksy87 Wrote: Murderer Sad

lmao Rofl

Thanks given by:
Bargain prezzies turned up today, £75
[Image: yquguvyv.jpg]
Already have a lower mount so this one will be up for sale Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice buy mate. Soon be getting smokey all sorted. Got some parts at mine for you Wink

Thanks given by:
Smile cheers dude, just keep it going cheap and cheerfull atm i think see how much i can get done in the next 2 months otherwise it aint being taxed Sad
Thanks given by:
If you need a hand give me a shout mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Little update Smile
[Image: a2yme8aq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right, been pricing a few bits and pieces up to sort out smokey and get him stable n hopefully smoother:

Beam: £15 -paid

Beam repair kit (shafts and bearings etc) £105 -paid

Powerflex full 306 setup: £75 -paid

Following prices are from ECP may be false economy but using the cheaper parts and when/if the need replacing it will be with with better quality but i'm trying to keep the initial cost down:

Rear subframe mounts: £39.86

Ball joints: £19.34

Pads and discs: £44.78

Tie rods and ends: £28.88

Drop links: £17.28

Total paid: £195

Total to pay: £150.14

Will hopefully get hold of some other prices but at least i have a rough idea Smile

There will be a few odds and sods like brake pipes but majority is paid already and the shell will be repaired cheap and cheerful so in the summer the black paint will be out Smile

What do we all think? Stupid?
Thanks given by:
Ill let my mate at gsf know what you need and get you a price also iv got them rear mounts mate brand new you can have them for 20quid because its you lol

Iv also got some tie rods in the garage I think Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
will be looking forward to seeing this completed if you can fix the damage!!!! i love sigmas
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 03:29 PM)td_dan Wrote: Ill let my mate at gsf know what you need and get you a price also iv got them rear mounts mate brand new you can have them for 20quid because its you lol

Iv also got some tie rods in the garage I think Smile

Legend dan Smile be ace if you could get me a price way thing are going it may have to be a case of get cracking friday morning and get as much done as i can do a bit each week gonna hopefully get my powerflexed bottom arms built up this week/weekend
Thanks given by:
Yesterday i plasti dipped my interior light surround and was happy with the outcome:
[Image: y7ada7up.jpg][Image: yzatesed.jpg]
To:
[Image: a5ytarub.jpg][Image: 4ydy4uba.jpg]

Bit of work done today ash306 came down to give me a hand (do most of) the bodywork, got it jacked up so we could reach the inside of the arch to start knocking it out got it looking pretty straight with the exception of 2 area's which couldnt be reached so it then got a sanding:
[Image: ha7u3u4a.jpg][Image: ytenehe2.jpg]
Then it was time for filler so ash mixed some p38 slapped it on once cure we started giving it another sand to smooth it out also started attacking the door Smile
As it stands the drivers side needs a bit more filler in 2 areas 1 on the rear arch and 1 on the door pillar but apart from that its looking pretty damn straight needed to sealthe filler untill a bit more can be done weather was a bit pants for spraying primer on so i got my brush out and slapped some red oxide on:
[Image: deny3a8y.jpg][Image: nabu7umu.jpg]
I know it doesnt look brilliant but its doing the job and very happy with how ash managed to keep/make the bodyline Smile
No going back now the sigma will be going Sad but change is good right?

Ash and jack the pooch had to get back so i thought id have a mess on the inside and put something a little different on/in it, out with the grey grab handles and in with some 106 quicksilver ones Smile
[Image: 9ytytaqe.jpg][Image: e6unebev.jpg]

Then i went into the garage and made a start on removing the bushes off the spare arms ready to put the powerflex bushes on, grinder, fire, chizel and lump hammer and the P bushes were off Smile
[Image: 4e3ybume.jpg]
Need to get my punches from my moms so i can remove the front bushes but quite happy with whats been done today.

Comments and criticism welcome as always
Lots of love Wendy x Big Grin
Thanks given by:
More filling and sanding today aswell as more work on the bottom arms, 2 metal collars left to knock out but slipped with hammer n chizel so now getting a black nail grrr, anywho another pic of the current state of smokey:
[Image: heqyda2u.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Went about fitting the new o ring.... It was too big :/ but cleaned up all surfaces and refitted making sure everything was tight..... When priming it i noticed a drip from the filter housing to the supply pipe on the pump nipped the jublie up some more and that stopped, also checked my heater plugs, all 4 seem fine.

Then decided to start playing with filler :p the little dent under the boot was sorted ready to smoot off:
[Image: u7y2u4y7.jpg]

Bit more fine filler to fill the dimples/marks:
[Image: eryravu9.jpg]

Then wet n dried the bonnet:
[Image: 7ezymeqy.jpg]

Wash n dry in the morning ready for:
[Image: ve5unepy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Started masking off The bonnet this morning and gave it a spray Smile
[Image: 5amy6ube.jpg]
[Image: e8ydupur.jpg]
Few marks but i need a new bonnet anyway so it will do for now Smile i decided to start on the tailgate too:
[Image: yju8y8yp.jpg]
[Image: tebedese.jpg]
Then off with the masking tape Smile
[Image: zatu9uga.jpg]
[Image: ge8u6ezy.jpg]
[Image: ajytyrev.jpg]
Overall im happy with it and impressed with the finish considering i cant spray for toffee Big Grin

Feel free to tell me how shit i looks :p
Thanks given by:
It looks shit Tongue - well you did ask haha. No in all seriousness it's better than I could possibly manage so fair fcuks to you for having a go.
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers dude :p bit by bit it will be done at least it will be straight and one colour for fcs Smile
Thanks given by: