EGR blanking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR blanking
whats the best/easiest way to blank the EGR valve? not sure what turbo ive got, think its a gt15 if it matters..
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Remove the valve from the exhaust manifold, get a small metal plate made up to cover the hole. Then you can remove the metal pipe that connected the valve to the inlet, then you will either need to find a way to block the hole in the inlet manifold with silicone or something or do what I did and find a non EGR manifold.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
sure someone will know but i have dissabled the egr for now by unplugging it while the ignitoin is switched off...green plug at the back of the battery mate.
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can just do that but the valves are old and not as strong as they used to be, and can still be pushed open on boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 05:08 PM)Ricky Wrote: Yeah you can just do that but the valves are old and not as strong as they used to be, and can still be pushed open on boost.
o rite..sure someone on hear could make a blanking plate for it, would'nt mind one for mine i know you can buy them off ebay for other cars.i unplugged mine cus it was idling up and down and slightley juddering but now its fine,but as you said it can open on boost so i might get mine blanked when i put my td04 on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-blanking-p...19d42fac1b
for the sake of £4 its worth trying this plate...gonna order one for mine.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 05:16 PM)bayley Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 05:08 PM)Ricky Wrote: Yeah you can just do that but the valves are old and not as strong as they used to be, and can still be pushed open on boost.
o rite..sure someone on hear could make a blanking plate for it, would'nt mind one for mine i know you can buy them off ebay for other cars.i unplugged mine cus it was idling up and down and slightley juddering but now its fine,but as you said it can open on boost so i might get mine blanked when i put my td04 on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-blanking-p...19d42fac1b
for the sake of £4 its worth trying this plate...gonna order one for mine.

do these plates exist for the 1.9's? cant complain for £4!
Thanks given by:
not as of yet...well i dont mind losing £4 if it dont fit,pint and a bag of scratchings,lol.
Thanks given by:
may just have ago at making some plates up, that and some sealant should do the trick!
Thanks given by:
I just had a small plate made up, couple of small countersunk bolts and gasket paper. Worked ok. And getting rid of the EGR was the best thing I ever did.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
not a bad idea,easy diy job,makes the turbo spool up quicker at lower revs according to that link...will do mine in the next few weeks just looking around for a td04l now for about £100 got all the other bits coming and i can do the lot in one day.
Thanks given by:
I put a small plate over it and then welded it on. Lasted a year for me and has so far lasted about 6 months for Jake
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can dissable it by unplugging the solenoid from the back of the battery (or removing the vac hose) but theres a bloke on ebay who sells ready made blanking plates and theyer good quality, think its less than a tenner for both plates posted.
Thanks given by:
welding is another option,but a blanking plate would be easier for me as i dont have the exuiptment to weld.dum-dum have you got a link for that bloke or is it the same one i have posted in this thread ?
Thanks given by:
ive emailed the person who makes the blanking plate for the hdi to see if they will fit the 1.9 or if they can make some up Smile
Thanks given by:
Jack I said I'll weld up the exhaust mani and we'll sort something for the inlet.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 01:11 PM)Chris Wrote: Jack I said I'll weld up the exhaust mani and we'll sort something for the inlet.

yeh i know chris but if i can get something thats bolt on i would rather do that as its far less effort lol and means i dont have to take manifolds off!
Thanks given by:
You'd be taking the inlet off at least, as theres no chance of getting to the exhaust mani with it in place.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 01:05 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: ive emailed the person who makes the blanking plate for the hdi to see if they will fit the 1.9 or if they can make some up Smile
ideal mate let me know what he says.
Thanks given by:
I can make a plate for ya £5 plus post....5mm stainless...and is the correct fit..
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:16 PM)Mountie66 Wrote: I can make a plate for ya £5 plus post....5mm stainless...and is the correct fit..
bolt on ? paypal ?
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:22 PM)bayley Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 04:16 PM)Mountie66 Wrote: I can make a plate for ya £5 plus post....5mm stainless...and is the correct fit..
bolt on ? paypal ?

Yes bolt on I need to know what inlet you have the plate should fit on the top or side......Or tell me wot turbo.......and yes I do have paypal...
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:30 PM)Mountie66 Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 04:22 PM)bayley Wrote:
bolt on ? paypal ?

Yes bolt on I need to know what inlet you have the plate should fit on the top or side......Or tell me wot turbo.......and yes I do have paypal...
k14 turbo mate,i dont have paypal but my mate does...i will see him thursday and get him to send you £5 as a gift.can you pm me your paypal email address mate.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 04:43 PM)bayley Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 04:30 PM)Mountie66 Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 04:22 PM)bayley Wrote: bolt on ? paypal ?

k14 turbo mate,i dont have paypal but my mate does...i will see him thursday and get him to send you £5 as a gift.can you pm me your paypal email address mate.

Plus post.....I will make it Monday at work so should post tues...wed...
Thanks given by:
give me a price with the postage then mate a i will get it paid in for thursday.i will pm my address when i send the money threw.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR blanking plate hotrodjacko 0 764 08-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Last Post: hotrodjacko