HDI 2.2 16v in my 306 HDi?... Talk to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI 2.2 16v in my 306 HDi?... Talk to me
Rainbow 
Hi peeps...

Short story is..

Valves are bent in the head on my pug while a mate done a belt swapped... he messed up.

While its broken, I wanna fix it properly.

Ive come across an engine from a C5 2001 which has a 2.2 16HDI Lump.

No I need to know as much info as possible what complications will arise wile trying to connect it all up. I have a Yreg 2000 HDI 306.

I want this to be a sick thing, cos it looks rude as it is already I wannit to be sicker. I dont believe in fixing broken standard shite like for like, just seems a waste of effort to have no gain... Thats just my opinion.

All feedback and advice appreciated.

Much love

James
Thanks given by:
It's been done before I'm sure.... Can't for the life of me remember who now though Rolleyes
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Sure someone on .net had done it to there dimma?? Could be wrong tho
Thanks given by:
Was about to say the same as Strikeforce; or was that a 2.1 lump?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I thought the 1 on the dimma was the 8v

Basically the 2.2 *v uses the same ECU and wiring as the 2.0 8v, the 2.2 16v is a later ECU that wont play ball with your 306.

IMO the best bet would be getting all the DW10 sensors to fit the 2.2 lump then getting TB205 to do you a custom map.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't it andy that did the 2.2 dimma a lad on here has it now.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Andy didn't do it, he bought it already made. Can you imagine him managing something like that himself lol. And yes, it's an 8v.

As dum-dum says really, would take a lot of work to get all the sensors and the like transferred and working properly, but should be pretty interesting to do.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Knew I cold count on you lot for fast responses... Just got off the ol' dog and bone to Mat at Pug1Off... He saying that ill need to change driveshaft lengths, gearbox wont match up and a shite load of wiring changes due to a multiplex system. I thought it was just dropped straight in and then worry about wiring etc later. Basicly he said its 3 weeks work to do the conversion.... f*******ck that!

What are my other options, 2.0 16v? out of what motor?.. 2.2 woulda been sick unless anyone else can drop some light on the situation.

Ta
Thanks given by:
If you don't like the sound of the workload for the 2.2 16v conversion, then it's unlikely you're going to like the workload on any other non-standard transplant tbh. That's a pretty standard amount of work for an engine conversion like that, not sure what you were expecting... And Mat hasn't mentioned stuff like needing to change to a hydraulic clutch set-up, or trying to find a mapper who can do decent custom work with 2nd gen CR engines... Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
For all the effort id just buy a faster car and build off that, its a shame really modern engines are too complex to retro fit into older cars nowdays, unless you got alot of cash..
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 03:13 PM)CardHore Wrote: Knew I cold count on you lot for fast responses... Just got off the ol' dog and bone to Mat at Pug1Off... He saying that ill need to change driveshaft lengths, gearbox wont match up and a shite load of wiring changes due to a multiplex system. I thought it was just dropped straight in and then worry about wiring etc later. Basicly he said its 3 weeks work to do the conversion.... f*******ck that!

So I take it that Matt from Pug1off either knows f*ck all about these engines or is trying to fob you off cos he dosent want the work.

From what I remember they use a DW bottom end so your standard HDi box will bolt up and your drive shafts will be fine

I think it should go pretty much straight in on standard mounts (ask Darren) so your only issue is wiring.

Personally id try running it on your standard EDC15? ECU with some sensor swaps. Speak to TB205GTi and i reckon he could do you something amazing with mapping for a couple of hundred.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much plug and play if you use 2.0 16v

Just put all the 8v management etc on it, retain 16v injectors and itl run, then just get TB to map it hard...180hp stage 1....

Only issue is the top engine mount, but I just welded the extra bolt hole on, and works fine...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
How much can you pick up a 2.0 16v for nowadays?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On my 2.2 i beleive the Ecu is same as the 2.0, edc15 single plug, and the loom looks too be the same too!
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 11:22 PM)Jimmer021 Wrote: On my 2.2 i beleive the Ecu is same as the 2.0, edc15 single plug, and the loom looks too be the same too!

Thats because yours is a 2.2 8v and the ECU and loom ARE the same.
Thanks given by:
406 coupe FTW! :-D
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Evidently Matt at pug1off knows very little then, he's thinking you can only use the ML box with the 2.2! The conversion actually is pretty easy, the mounts can be a bit of a nightmare as it doesn't exactly match up but nothing that an hour with a drill and a grinder won't fix... Gearbox wise, use an xud9 or hdi flywheel with a hdi or xud9 gearbox and the corresponding fork.

With regards to management, you can literally just use the 8v HDi ecu, wiring loom etc, most of the sensors are the same, and nothing that a change of a plug won't fix, theres nothing vastly different... Injectors should plug into the 8v harness along with cts, cam sensor and crank sensor... You'll then need to speak to someone like tb205 who should be able to supply you with a map for an 8v hdi ecu that will run a 16v... That way you have no issues with the fullmux ecu from a 2.2...

The dimma hdi is a 2.2 16v to clear any confusion... The 2.0 16v and the 2.2 have almost identical cylinder heads.. Changing to a 2.0 is no easier, probably more difficult as you have issues with whether its a Siemens or Bosch managed engine...

(08-10-2012, 11:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 11:22 PM)Jimmer021 Wrote: On my 2.2 i beleive the Ecu is same as the 2.0, edc15 single plug, and the loom looks too be the same too!

Thats because yours is a 2.2 8v and the ECU and loom ARE the same.

Lolwat, I thought you were a dw10 god... It's a 2.2 16v?!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
FLOL Ruan. Such a hero Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 09:07 AM)Ruan Wrote: Lolwat, I thought you were a dw10 god... It's a 2.2 16v?!

I am, I know the engines inside out. I just dont read peoples project threads particularly well and as other people had made references to jimmers car being an 8v and thats what id thought it was and he headnt denied this I assumed it was so. I have had a good poke around a 2.2 8v in a scrappers a few years ago so I know alot more about them than the 16v

After a brief hunt on ebay at 2.2 16v ECUs (off the C5) they are indeed EDC15, this dosent mean they arent Mu-Ex'd but it should be a good start for a conversion.

Also the engines are from about £300
Thanks given by:
THe 2.2 bottom end mount isnt the same as the 2.0, so if you go 2.2 that requires modifying also, just a case of moving the mount on the subframe...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Hmmm, was sure the dimmer was an 8v.... my bad, learn something every day! I also remember being told specifically that the 2.2 16v was multiplexed and it would be a nightmare to convert... Perfect example kids: until you have confirmed it for yourself, assume everything you read on the internet is complete BS, or at least thoroughly inaccurate lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The 2.2 in its stock form often is multiplexed, but you could multiplex and 8v if you wanted, makes no odds really...its just a common rail motor underneath just the same as the stock 306 one is....all common rail motors share the same bits underneath, so you can make anything work fairly easily... the 2.0 is just easier as i said in my first post...its still DW10 and near identical to the stock 8v hdi block, 2.2 is dw12, and mounts change, alternator stuff changes etc, just more farse, but is 2.2 longer stroke if your into mid range torque and that kinda thing...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
just put a normal HDi lump in, add some chronic boost. Job done.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Hi I am new to the forum.
Sorry buy my question isn't related to a 306
But is hdi related. I have a 2006 Peugeot expert
2.0 16v hdi (110) the one with the alloy intake manifold.
I woundered if I could fit a 2.2 16v hdi engine and it
Would work. The engines look the same but didn't know
If I would need a different ecu or just remap my ecu.
I've looked all over the net but no one seems to have done
This conversion. The reason for this is mines got high miles
And I would like to know if I had to change engine
I could put a 2.2 16v in and the extra power is a bonus
Or am I better sticking to the 2.0 and getting a remap
Thanks in advance Louis
Thanks given by:
I only really know about the one with the Bosch fuel system and ECU

The siemens stuff is something I havent looked at but it is different.

It will fit on the mounts and your gearbox will bolt up. Turbo will probably be different and you'll probably need to play about with the coolant system.

You probably wont get extra power from the new engine without a remap.

I've picked up so much with getting the bits to do my 2.2 conversion its kinda difficult to put into words and explain it all because theres alot to know about it.
Thanks given by: