Boot carpet & under felt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot carpet & under felt
Why oh why are all the boot carpets and particularly the foam underfelt all crap in the back of every 306 I've looked in in the breakers Sad desperately trying to replace my skanky ripped rubber boot mat with a decent carpet and under felt but can't find one that hasn't got cracked bitumen top layer or full of water and smells rank.
Can they still be bought new, does anyone know?
Thanks given by:
Mine has a layer of foam in it instead, then a piece of hardboard on top that the sub is bolted to then the rubber boot mat is over the top.
Thanks given by:
Cloud9 it?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
there's a shop on Ebay that do rolls of rubber car carpet with a thick undercoat. Or you can buy normal underlay and get a new boot mat on Ebay.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Cloud9 it Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd love to cloud 9 it but my hands are fuct remember? So cutting up underlay isn't really an option till next year after my operations Sad
Thanks given by:
Mine is f*cked too mate, I will replace it someday! There's always ambassador car mats who will do a nice shaped boot mat, but it's £60 for a full set of carpets!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know I've seen them on egay but I wanted the old style cannon mats that were half carpet and half heavy rubber but they don't do them any more Sad I find that most car mat sets are a bitch to keep clean due to the loops in the weave and the cannon ones were the best.
Thanks given by:
I had a set of cannon's, they were awesome, but as they were the family relic lol, the rubber had perished and they had to go.

They're still in the garage though..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of just getting a set of heavy duty rubber mats for the interior but seeing as I have a false floor to put in the boot in the new year I may as well just go the cloud9 route but I'm thinking its probably the same stuff as the old Tredaire underlay which was green. My dad used to be a carpet fitter many years ago and still has a few contacts so I'll get him to ask which is better or if there is any difference.
Thanks given by:
I have a decent Matt on mine. The underlay is cracked though.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Who cares if the underfelt is cracked? No one will ever see it, it's like complaining the inside of your sump is dirty.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2012, 12:51 AM)lewisdmz Wrote: Who cares if the underfelt is cracked? No one will ever see it, it's like complaining the inside of your sump is dirty.

Exactly. It never bothered me.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah but it's also damp and smelly from where the hatch used to have a leak so when you try to take it out to clean and dry it it falls apart as the weight of the moisture pulls chunks away Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did any 306's come with a red carpet? Matt-Rallye 22 2,845 06-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  "Felt Spec" A dedicated article on the matter.. Tmcilvar 51 20,179 20-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Post the felt spec cars. Ollie 95 74,899 21-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Tmcilvar