reducing smoke for mot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reducing smoke for mot
got my car booked in for an mot tomoz...do i screw the boost compensator all the way in to reduse boost smoke as i have been informed they are tested on smoke not emmisions ?
Thanks given by:
I'd turn down the max fuel screw. I did this and probably had about 60bhp! But I got 0.38 for my smoke test as opposed to the 2.77 I got the year before!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lucas pump i take it?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lol,think you are allowed up to 3.4 on the smoke test....do you reacon i would get away with a pass by just turning the boost screw back in ?

(03-10-2012, 07:31 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Lucas pump i take it?
yes mate,does'nt smoke that much since i removed the cat and middle box for a 2.5" stainless pipe.
Thanks given by:
id altered my pump that much that by turning it back down to standard it wouldnt rev at all and then the guy just held his thumb over the nozzle!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
you need to turn your max fuel down if it's really high, ball ache on the Lucas i know . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
haha,migth just turn the boost compensator down and see what happens..hoping it passes,need it for work on weekends but if it fails i will just use it with no mot and get it done for monday.{sorry officer i did'nt know the mot was up honest} lol

(03-10-2012, 07:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you need to turn your max fuel down if it's really high, ball ache on the Lucas i know . .Smile
well its all the way in tight then back half a turn...23psi.i put it in 3rd gear and push it backwards whilst holding a mirror in the other hand,takes about 30 secs to line up.
Thanks given by:
see if it passes if not turn it down and back for the free re-test . . . . .you could also adjust the throttle cable so it won't rev all the way . .Smile
Thanks given by:
lmao..good job i'me not nieve mate.
Thanks given by:
The 3 tests I've done have passed by just limiting the throttle travel, simples.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:17 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: The 3 tests I've done have passed by just limiting the throttle travel, simples.

Exactly this! Mine got 0.00 emissions last year! Lol :-0
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was even told it "wen't really well" in that current stage :\
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
thought matt was taking the piss,lol.how do you limit the throttle travel men ?
Thanks given by:
If you look at the pump and push the lever, it will come to a stop against a screw, just wind it in to a point where the smoke acceptable. Done.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
wind in the screw that stops the lever opening to full throttle yeh ?
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:52 PM)bayley Wrote: wind in the screw that stops the lever opening to full throttle yeh ?

ThumbsUp That's it. Depending on tune it will probably need about half the travel limited.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
sound mate ill give it a bash tomoz.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you go other way and create so much smoke they can't read the results?
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:41 PM)bayley Wrote: thought matt was taking the piss,lol.how do you limit the throttle travel men ?

how dare you?!! . . .i never jest . . .Itwasntme . . . . . . .better rep me for that now mo-fo . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
hahaha,yes boss!
Thanks given by:
passed the smoke test..they said on the advisory it smokes abit at hight revs,may need slight adjustment and the air filter was a bit loud,lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,962 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax