cb radio users ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cb radio users ?
6 ft wont fit under the canopy where i park the car.. or fit in the boot..[/quote]
Doesn't fit under mine ether, just catches the top of the arch,

And TGK mines a midlands 77-104D I think

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk[/quote]

I have about 4 ft clearance over the top of the car... It will not fit lol
Thanks given by:
Arnt these what truckers use? X
pink
Thanks given by:
smanfa Wrote:Arnt these what truckers use? X
Haha yes :-)
But other people can buy them and talk to truckers :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
HAHAHA bring back memories, we all use to run them round here, what i had is a mag mount on the boot floor up the back of the seat , up between the seat and p/shelf to the Roof! Stealth cb arial

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Not much range on that surely?
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0022.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0023.jpg]

my relatively small set up.. only want a short range on it for long journeys down the motorway with friends.. might have to get a bigger antenna soon though..
Thanks given by:
I might consider getting one of those so i can talk with the truckers on the m6
Thanks given by:
anyone got any ideas how to reduce interference from something related to the ignition?

when the key is turned to the second position (like whaen the lift pump comes on) i get a load of noise through the CB. disconnected the antenna and the RFI goes away.. is it the lift pump causing me grief?
Thanks given by:
if you ran your ant cable along the same side of the car as the fuel pump wiring (think its the drivers side) then thats most likely your problem. if you dont mind doing it then the best solution is run the ant cable between the headlining and the roof as theres hardly any wiring there
Thanks given by:
i ran the cable down the pass side of the car.. the RCA leads for the amp run down the drivers side, and the power for the amp runs down the exhaust tunnel..
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0025.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0026.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i think i can ignore the RFI as its only when the radio is set to search for weak signals..
Thanks given by:
mine picks up the alternator charging so will have to fit a suppressor to that at some point
also if you wrap the power lead around a ferrite ring that also helps

also as steve has said my coax is run in the headlining drivers side away from the power cables
Thanks given by:
Mines not power related, its antenna picked up. If I turn down the rd gain and squelch I can remove the noise ( if it was power lead based, this wouldn't make a difference.) And if I remove the antenna the noise stops... Could I not use one of those supressors on the power lead for the fuel pump? Or a ferrite ring?
Thanks given by:
suppressor at the fuel pump yes
and
ferrite ring on the CB power cord yes
Thanks given by:
oh and be carefull with the magmount on the roof mine has f*cked the lacker its turned it a whiteish colour which wont polish or cut out
Thanks given by:
My roof is f*cked up anyway.. but was going to get some fabric to put between anyway
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:oh and be carefull with the magmount on the roof mine has f*cked the lacker its turned it a whiteish colour which wont polish or cut out
ive got the 7" mag mount, didnt think the rubber does much on the bottom.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Oh, and my amp wires interfere too.. I know Its that too, as I disconnected the amp fuse and it went away... What supressor do I need anyway? I see the ferrite beads and such, but not sure if they are right... Sorry for all the questions
Thanks given by:
I got some big ass ferrite beads at work chuck us a couple of quid and I'll post one to ya
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll take you up on that come Thursday.. payday
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  twitter...any users Piggy 8 1,712 08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  For all you M25 users Niall 38 9,769 03-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Any Rooted Android users on here? WiNgNuTz 18 6,736 27-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Tom