306 Heater Control Illumination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Heater Control Illumination
Can anyone please advise if the heater controls in the centre console of my 306 Mk 2 (V Reg) should be illuminated when the lights are on? At the moment, only the Aircon and Interior Air Re-Circulation buttons light up whilst the three circular controls for heater power, direction and temperature disappear into the blackness at night! Could I have duff bulbs needing replacement behind them? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
It should all light up mate check the bulbs Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
as Danny said...check the bulbs....
Thanks given by:
Ive had this issue on a couple of 306s, i dont think its the bulbs cos on one of them the lights came back after 6 months and this one they all went at the same time

I think its a wiring issue, loose connection somewhere or something.
Thanks given by:
I've noticed mine aren't working just this morning! Just fixed my clock illumination snag and then noticed the vent controls.
I'm going down the bulb route first. Will let you know the outcome
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Possibly bulbs, I used to have one that only worked if you whacked the side near the glovebox lol, dodgy wire or lose solder I guess!
Thanks given by:
Mine worked grand until the car got broken into and the radio stolen, now the temp and direction ones mess about, sometimes on, sometimes off, guessing its a wire thats been pulled but finding it is impossible!

Hopefully the OP's is just a bulb!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Possibly bulbs, I used to have one that only worked if you whacked the side near the glovebox lol, dodgy wire or lose solder I guess!

A mate of mine has that exact same thing, quite comical really!
Thanks given by:
Thanks all - will indeed get the bulbs checked. Since I bought the car in July, only the CD player has worked on the standard fit audio - no radio signal whatsoever. I'm wondering if the previous owner may have had the centre console out at some point and accidentally disconnected the aerial and disturbed the electrics to the heater dials - they are all pretty dam close to each othe, afetr all?
Thanks given by:
Pulled my vent/heater control panel out last night and both lamps were blown!

To compound the issue, the lamps are proving to be difficult to remove from their holders.

On the brightside though, bought 10 replacements from eBay for £3.70 free P&P instead of £2.28 for 2 at the local garage.

Thanks given by:
I'm hopeless at this sort of thing and normally get somebody competent to look at it but just how easy/difficult is it to actually get the console out? Is there a simple way to do this without getting into difficulty (as I probably will!!)? What size/code bulbs will I need?
Thanks given by:
got a link to the ones off ebay? i put leds in mine which then blew the circuit board. So i hardwired some led boards into the interior light. The result was about 100 LEDs behind my heater controls... pretty blinding and awesome until they started flickering!
Thanks given by:
I've now removed my old heater/vent panel from my Ph1 to use the bulbs as I could be bothered to wait for the replacement and found they are different to the ones fitted to my Ph2!
In fact they're different to the ones fitted the centre console clock as well!
When I'm back from doing the school run I'll post a piccie.
Sebanelli hold off on buying those bulbs or double check what you need.

Thanks given by:
wired 9 leds into my heater board
now there a nice green colour

the lamps wont come out the base's as they are captive they arnt like the dash lamps that fit from behind these fit from the front
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2012, 03:11 PM)cully Wrote: wired 9 leds into my heater board
now there a nice green colour

the lamps wont come out the base's as they are captive they arnt like the dash lamps that fit from behind these fit from the front

Went to the Peugeot dealership in Portsmouth yesterday and he tried to give me the 286 lamps (used in various areas inc behind your LCD clock) but told him they were the wrong ones.

Cully, you're bang on, these lamps are hard wired in and fitted from the front, unlike my Ph1 which were fitted from the back and had replaceable lamps. However the Pug E-Catalogue used at the dealership doesn't show the lights I have fitted.

A small compromise had to be made as they've changed the design slightly. I have had to buy a bulb holder that fits on to the PCB. These holders will take the 12v 1.2w 286 lamps so can now be changed a little easier in the future should the need arise. Bad news is that they were £10.45 (FOR A PLASTIC BULB HOLDER!! Censored) for a pair and that was with my mate's garage discount.

the hardest part of the job was disconnecting the operating cables which direct the vent to your screen/feet/side vents.

Give me a shout if you need any help or photos as mine is still in bits waiting for the parts to arrive on Weds.

Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 09:51 AM)Smiley69 Wrote: Cully, you're bang on, these lamps are hard wired in and fitted from the front,

I know i was cause ive been modding the panels and switch's by puting coloured LED's in them Wink
Thanks given by:
Pug part No. For the bulb holder is P0000611254 @ £4.68 each + vat

Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 06:07 PM)Smiley69 Wrote: Pug part No. For the bulb holder is P0000611254 @ £4.68 each + vat

Holders delivered last night.

They are identical to the original ones fitted, ie captive lamp in the holder as mentioned earlier.

All in and illuminating! Smile

Good luck with your panel Sebanelli

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater control won't go hot C2K 0 1,019 04-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: C2K
  Heater Control Cables Eddleston 6 1,467 08-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Eddleston
  Clocks and heater control bulbs Frosty 16 3,866 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM