performance hdi clutch
If im correct i need an uprated clutch to cope with a stage 2
Tune.

Had tax rebate so ive ordered fmic and bmc cda filter
i have straight through and disabled egr. Once fitted i will
have stage 2 map.

Can someone recommend a performance clitch
Thanks given by:
Helix and Sachs both come highly rated, i understand Sachs do an uprated one for the berlingo that, so far, seems to hold the torque just fine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
CG 306 XUD Paddle clutch, will fit a HDI with a few bits being swapped over. I'm running one on my car and it's doing the job lovely and only cost £220
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Poodle, whats the price for the berlingo one do you know? I've heard a lot of forum talk about it but never any prices?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not much different to the 306 afaik. If you're going to go CG, be wary of buying the ones made for the HDi, there's been a lot of bad experiences with the quality of their products.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Would'nt of botherd with the cda, spend more money on a good clutch and dont buy anything off ebay!
Thanks given by:
AFAIK that was only on the sprung paddle clutches mate as they go coil bound past 270 lb/ft and snap the springs!
Thanks given by:
Indeed, it was more the quality/construction issues that worried me. Fitting the friction plate backwards is a pretty major fail, as was the friction material falling off the plates after 500 miles lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok.. that may not've been what i was thinking of Tongue True, at least sachs is a proven brand.
Thanks given by:
ive just been on the phone to helix and for a clutch to hold 270ft lb's of toque looking for nearly £400!! either there having my pants down or thats the price i should be looking at, think i will be going for limited toque to save a lot of money.... i was only looking to spend £200 is that an unreal figure?

Thanks given by:
Go for the Helix or Sachs IMO mate. Yes theyer alot but if you buy cheap youll buy twice.

CG are a bunch of cowboys that consider snapping springs normal wear and tear and the fact that a clutch overstrokes perfectly acceptable.

Also dont believe anyone who tells you that swapping to an XUD set up with a new Valeo will hold the power of a stage 2 cos it wont
Thanks given by:
What he said lol, good clutches are expensive unfortunately.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: