Twin foglights idea.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin foglights idea.
Just photoshopped this, what do you all think?

Would be great for extra light on full beam.

[Image: twinfogest.jpg]
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Looks similar to the ecosse front bumper, sorta.

I dont dislike how it looks, but I dont think it looks any better over standard. Your right about light output though, that would be good Smile
Thanks given by:
Not a fan personally Tongue
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Me no likey
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just showed the GF, and she couldn't see what I had done until I pointed it out Doh , so I guess most people wouldn't really notice.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:so I guess most people wouldn't really notice.

Trust me, I would! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Using a girl for something like that is pointless... you could have turned your car black and she wouldnt have noticed...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
meh fair point,

I'll probably try it, as I can always get a new grille.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:meh fair point,

I'll probably try it, as I can always get a new grille.

I vote try it Smile can't do any harm and doesn't look bad, you could make it look prety factory IMO
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
looks good on moonstone with the silver reflectors in the lights. Ive got fly eyes on my fogs and im not sure adding another set would look good on diablo. I think we should have an ideas section where you can just post stuff you have thought of!
Thanks given by:
Good idea sam,

@mark, yeah I will have a go at it.

Where's Cully, I needs wiring info!

I think it would need to be on the main beam stalk, but also on a separate switch, same as the "cully high beam mod"

Thanks given by:
Its reminding me of a body kit i have seen on a 106, its not that i dont like it, its just its on a chavy 106 Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Wiring info? Theres 2 wires on the fog light plug... just join from those...
Thanks given by:
i'm trying to find a 4" spot light / driving light to replace my fog lights with, but now im thinking that i might put the spots similar to where those ones are.. had some rectangular ones that i used in the winter last year, but they were bolted onto the top of the bumper, with the grille removed. looked shite but worked a charm
Thanks given by:
Connor, I'd want to be able to turn them off, if it was really foggy, too much light would reflect back.

Also, legally, they'd have to be treated as spotlights and be on a separate circuit (i think anyway.)

Thanks given by:
Messing around now but whatcha think?

[Image: yelloweuroest.jpg]

Thanks given by:
me no likey btw...

Thanks given by:
Then just wire them to the main beams? No point faffing when you dont need to
Thanks given by:
good idea!

Thanks given by:
I reckon just yellow fogs would look good. Quite tempted to keep the fogs from the 1.4 and do them yellow and see what they're like :-)
Thanks given by:
no point putting another set of fogs for main beem get a set of driving lights and put there the beam pattern would be better
Thanks given by:
I was toying with this idea me self albeit on my ph1 with square fogs sort of 309gti like
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been looking for some 110mm driving lights but can't find any, so would it be possible to turn the reflectors round in some foglights to change the beam pattern?

Regarding the legality of this, I found this on scoobynet.

1. There's no such thing as a driving lamp, it's specified as a main beam headlight.

2. There are no requirements for maximum, or minimum height, (that surprised me).

3. They must be fitted in pairs on a car.

4. They must NOT be fitted closer to the outer edge of the car than the dip beam lights.

5. They must NOT be fitted further than 400 mm from the outer edge of the vehicle, (that's measured to the outer edge of the lit area of the lamp).

6. They must extinguish , as a pair, or deflect, as a pair, when dip beam is selected.

7. There must be a warning light fitted in the vehicle that tells you when they are illuminated, (the main beam warning light will do if they are linked).

As far as I can tell, this would mean that you would have to wire them up as already discussed, on the main beam circuit and also on a switch so they can be left off.

Thanks given by:
7. There must be a warning light fitted in the vehicle that tells you when they are illuminated,

dose this mean that the fog lights must have a dash light? mine has passed the last 4 Mot's without it
Thanks given by:
If you have a ph1 the switch is the warning light
Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:I've been looking for some 110mm driving lights but can't find any, so would it be possible to turn the reflectors round in some foglights to change the beam pattern?

Regarding the legality of this, I found this on scoobynet.

1. There's no such thing as a driving lamp, it's specified as a main beam headlight.

2. There are no requirements for maximum, or minimum height, (that surprised me).

3. They must be fitted in pairs on a car.

4. They must NOT be fitted closer to the outer edge of the car than the dip beam lights.

5. They must NOT be fitted further than 400 mm from the outer edge of the vehicle, (that's measured to the outer edge of the lit area of the lamp).

6. They must extinguish , as a pair, or deflect, as a pair, when dip beam is selected.

7. There must be a warning light fitted in the vehicle that tells you when they are illuminated, (the main beam warning light will do if they are linked).

As far as I can tell, this would mean that you would have to wire them up as already discussed, on the main beam circuit and also on a switch so they can be left off.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65688#dtab

115mm driving lamps
Thanks given by:
or these without the fancy chrome stuff

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65688#dtab
Thanks given by:
ordered.

Thanks given by:
think the ones i posted ar 68mm
Thanks given by:
yeah, gone for the chromed ones as you won't see it anyway.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new yellow foglights! paul7278 4 1,480 18-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe
  Rallye Blanks or New Foglights MiiTCH 24 3,225 14-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv