• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarke OBDII Fault Code Reader
Lol, well that's not gonna happen is it! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Pay me to drive up there and i'll put it on my pp2k. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol....no. where do you get pp from anyway?? I take it isn't free?
Thanks given by:
Not even close lol. There's cheap chinese copies with cracked software on ebay sometimes.

Best offer i can see on one atm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Lexia-...2ec21b8b70
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:25 AM)Poodle Wrote: Not even close lol. There's cheap chinese copies with cracked software on ebay sometimes.

Best offer i can see on one atm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Lexia-...2ec21b8b70

Christ...can get VAGCOM cheaper than that lol! Tongue

Didn't realise you guys paid so much for it tbh!! Speechless
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Christ...can get VAGCOM cheaper than that lol! Tongue

Didn't realise you guys paid so much for it tbh!! Speechless

BUT a VAGCOM dont work on a HDI so sell it and fund a PP

paid £75 for mine you can get them cheaper from the bay but they get withdrawn quickly cause of the pirated software
Thanks given by:
The VAGCOM cost £20....I'm not gonna get much back on that. Tongue

Still a lot, I was expecting about £50 lol. Hmm, just gonna have to persevere with my generic one then.
Thanks given by:
Because that's gone so well for you up until now... lol

Better off with a ELM327 and some decent software.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cully said the ELM wasnt all that good though?? Confused
Thanks given by:
It's not, compared to PP2K. Better than nothing though, which is what you've got at the moment. And you're not willing to spend any money, so....
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol I'd happily get pp if I had money to spend...as it is I don't.

Is ebay the best place to get an elm then or...?
Thanks given by:
If you want a cheap one, then yes.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good, cheap seems good to me! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Got my elm this morning.....softwares fine but its not finding the cable. Cable has a red light so the ports working....but how do I know which port? And will it not recognise the cable until its plugged into the car?

Off out now but hopefully sorting this when I get back, cheers for any help. Smile
Thanks given by:
Plug it into the car and see if that works...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wanted to know if it was working before dragging the laptop, cables, extension all out to the car lol. Guess that's what I'll have to do though!

Doesn't work.....which com port am I supposed to be connecting to?
Thanks given by:
Right, Im crap with computers lol.....but there doesn't seem to be any 'COM' ports, its a USB connector. so what com port setting should it be on?

Alternatively, does anyone have any decent ELM sftware they could send me to try?
Thanks given by:
should of saved your money and bought PP!

have you insalled the drivers ? if i remember this is the biggest issue with the elm
Thanks given by:
I think I've installed the drivers lol.
Thanks given by:
Right, Ive changed to the ScanMaster Demo software, it detects the lead and even brings up the correct battery voltage (12.8V ign on, 14.5V just after cold start, sounds right to me)...BUT cant connect to the ECU for some reason?? The lead clearly works to get the voltage but says 'error connecting to ECU' every time!? Sad
Thanks given by:
I found mine worked best on com port 3 tbh. Scan master was the same. I used scan tool and worked find. Make sure you set scan tool to the same com port.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont know how to do that though, it comes up as a USB rather than a COM port in the device manager list. But surely its got the right port of it can detect the battery voltage!? Confused
Thanks given by:
Any more help on this?

It's not needed so urgently now as it'll pass MOT with EML on BUT still want to clear it lol. Especially if it helps the 'missing' at 1200-1400rpm......thats 30 in 4th, I have to speed through villages if I want a comfortable ride atm haha. Tongue
Thanks given by:
i suggest getting a bluetooth obd thingy and using torue on your phone, that way you can have live readouts of what the sensors are saying, and see if any are giving wafty numbers
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm even worse with phones than computers! lmao

Theoretically I think this ELM should give live readouts as its the same system as the bluetooth thing, if only it'd work lol.
Thanks given by:
It really coukdnt be easier, its like it was designed with total mongs in mind... Buy the dongle, download the app, pair, then read. Peasy.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Download a what now? I dont have any of these extra application things.... Confused Tongue

Pretty sure Sam has one of those phone ones though....but he couldn't get it work iirc?? And he should be good with technology, thats what he does at Uni lol.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 02:52 PM)samass Wrote: It really coukdnt be easier, its like it was designed with total mongs in mind...

ha ha ha but TOM cant get it to work

tom use the free software when it says connecting turn the ignition on Wink
as the hdi has a window of just a few seconds before the ecu dont look for any more connections
Thanks given by:
There was like 5 different softwares on the cd lol, which one did you use?

And ok will try turning it on when it connects.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 04:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Download a what now? I dont have any of these extra application things.... Confused Tongue

Pretty sure Sam has one of those phone ones though....but he couldn't get it work iirc?? And he should be good with technology, thats what he does at Uni lol.

yeh ive got it somewhere. i bought it for the 1.8 but it wasnt compatible and then it was used on my dads mondeo just to see if it worked at all so i presume its lying around in his glove box somewhere!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot Fault code Welshy_Pete 8 2,181 09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Glow plug fault code? JTaylor2005 2 1,251 22-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Ecu reader with map on it to delete lights MIKE-FORD 0 864 05-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD