No central locking and stereo ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No central locking and stereo ???
Basically I put in my stereo head unit the other day, and as I was there was a few clicks from the dash and the battery light flickered when it clicked but the Grady it worked so I left it, driving to work this morning it clicks again and goes off and won't turn back on I just think its the fuse blown in the head unit got out went to lock the car and the central locking doesn't work either not even by the key :-( the light on the inside goes out as if it was locking but comes back in again it's weird :-( don't know if I've trashed some electrics or if it's just a fuse issue as In hoping someone will give me a clue to what it is I'll investigate Sunday :-)
Thanks given by:
I'd try the fuses first, don't see why the stereo not working would affect the central locking, might just be a coincidence though so with checking them mate. Let us know how you get on
Thanks given by:
Will do pal , ones in the engine bay are fine will check the dash ones on Sunday
Thanks given by:
Was fuse number 8 :-)
Thanks given by:
one of the stereo feeds is on the same circuit as the CL
Thanks given by:
Yup, as Stevieg said, most of the fuses have joint purposes, so if two seemingly unrelated electrical items stop working at the same time then it can only really be a fuse at fault.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,050 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,225 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,561 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306