Stage 2 help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 2 help
Well recently fmic'ed my hdi and i got a stage 2 map (full toque) was fine in first gear put it in second foot to floor big bang engine management warning light and cut out started up fine agin, i no a few ppl have had problems with the stage 2 cutting out any one come to a conclusion??

Next thing some people change the fuel pressure regulator?? what do they change it for and will it help with the cutting out issue? also will i have to have the remap changed to cope with the new FRP??

Next thing clutch, once i managed to get it in thrid it just spun the clutch up so im going to be needing a new clutch, now what do i do i want to spend the least as possible but want it to last and hold the power, i no ppl have used standard velao/luk will these defo hold the power?? i would hate to fit on and then it slip i can imagen the anger i would have if it did lol

Any help welcome

Thanks given by:
First things first... You havnt done any research into stage 2! It says everywhere before you go full torque change your clutch! But yeah Valeo should hold out from what I know off.
As for the rest no idea!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No. A valeo won't hold the full torque
You'll need to actually do a bit of research. Its not hard. All the info is right here on the forum
Don't just think you can just put a stage 2 map on there and it work just fine
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Going to repeat kent, do some research, all the answers are readily available on this forum. Check the guide section for starters.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 09:07 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: No. A valeo won't hold the full torque
You'll need to actually do a bit of research. Its not hard. All the info is right here on the forum

Umm.. We've had my old HDi on a full torque map since february i believe? and before then it was still running about 240 lb/ft

That was just a new valeo clutch and it hasn't slipped once, providing you have mechanical sympathy it should be fine, obviously it isn't a very long term solution but i expect it'd last a few years
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have resurched it loads off times!! I no whats expexted, but theres been plenty of ppl who run stage 2 on a standard clutch, hence why I thought I would try it, I was told this map should be around 270ftlbs not sure if thats correct tho

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 09:40 AM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(26-09-2012, 09:07 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: No. A valeo won't hold the full torque

Umm.. We've had my old HDi on a full torque map since february i believe? and before then it was still running about 240 lb/ft

Oh yeah...

(05-12-2011, 07:50 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Also got my stage 2 map, played with the boost and now it's around 19psion a limited torque map
(Taken from your project thread)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's called i didn't update the first post phil... and as the car doesn't belong to me anymore i thought it would be pretty pointless updating my thread..... The dyno was done on a full fat map, it produced 277lb/ft so not torque reduced
Thanks given by:
Mate, if you're asking these questions you haven't researched f*ck all. I've told you where you need to look for your answers, i'm not writing all the information out again here just because you can't be bothered to look yourself.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Theres all ways one in't there...... Ive not seen any posts about the fuel pressure regulater, av all ready decied that its going to have to be an uprated clutch, so can leave that one now..... Any one who wantss to write abuse go write it some were else thanks :-)

Thanks given by:
You've got to understand mate, he's not trying to be harsh, he's trying to help, as you can imagine when the same question gets asked 5 times a day and the same people answer it they get fed up of writing the same thing over and over
Thanks given by:
No I understand that but if any ones willing to put links up for me? I seen loads about clutch but not about other stuff

Thanks given by:
Sorry fella, it's as mnc says, gets a bit repetitive. Check the guides section, i already said that lol. It's even got a nice, obviously relevant title to the thread, top of the third page in the section. It's right there for the reading, I refuse to link it to this thread on principle. Tongue

Edit: In fact you don't even have to go that far, you could scroll down to ten or so threads below this one, it's even called "s2 cutting out issues" so you've got no excuse for missing it before. Research my arse. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 04:55 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sorry fella, it's as mnc says, gets a bit repetitive. Check the guides section, i already said that lol. It's even got a nice, obviously relevant title to the thread, top of the third page in the section. It's right there for the reading, I refuse to link it to this thread on principle. Tongue

Edit: In fact you don't even have to go that far, you could scroll down to ten or so threads below this one, it's even called "s2 cutting out issues" so you've got no excuse for missing it before. Research my arse. lol

I will have a look, i saw that thred and turned out to be fuel filter in end but mine was changed not long ago and on the few other stage 2 cutting out posts normaly some thing different every time.... cars up for swaps now as not sure if i can be arsed to mess with clutch

Thanks given by:
That's cars for you, and life in general for that matter. There is no catch-all answer to most problems, you have to put some effort in and work out where the problem is, all we can do is explain the options. Are you quite new to cars? I kind of assumed you weren't if you've already gone stage two, but if you are i can understand your confusion tbf.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
no i have plenty of cars on about 22 in 5 years, had about 5 d turbos this is my first hdi but i learnd most of the stuff off here reading all the threds etc.... if i was to put a stage 1 map on with intercooler what sort of bhp/toque could i be looking at??

Thanks given by:
1000bhp with an electric turbo,new stickers and fuel magnets i think halfords supply all these

you dont need an intercooler or a clutch with a stage 1 Wink
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 08:18 AM)cully Wrote: 1000bhp with an electric turbo,new stickers and fuel magnets i think halfords supply all these

you dont need an intercooler or a clutch with a stage 1 Wink

I no that i dont need an intercooler or clutch for stage 1 but what im saying if i put a stage 1 map on with the intercooler would i be getting better bhp/toque than what some one else would with out an intercooler, tbh wish i never went down the intercooler route but its on now and not messing around removeing it so its staying on now

Thanks given by:
Doing a 200 mile motorway drive with intercooler and stage 1 map my mpg has increased enough for me to notice than when I was running standard stage 1 , my driving style didnt change in fact I was giving it a bit now and then to confirm that the pipes were holding on. I also don't have any black smoke problem now.
bhp does seem to be up, though before intercooling I had a boost leak which no doubt didnt help and like i mentioned the black smoke is gone so Im burning it up better rather than pissing it out the rear
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 09:51 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Doing a 200 mile motorway drive with intercooler and stage 1 map my mpg has increased enough for me to notice than when I was running standard stage 1 , my driving style didnt change in fact I was giving it a bit now and then to confirm that the pipes were holding on. I also don't have any black smoke problem now.
bhp does seem to be up, though before intercooling I had a boost leak which no doubt didnt help and like i mentioned the black smoke is gone so Im burning it up better rather than pissing it out the rear

Sounds good any one got a stage 1 map i can buy cheap??? 976 code

Thanks given by: