To Bosch it alone or to pay someone to bosch for me???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Bosch it alone or to pay someone to bosch for me???
Any of you lot converted your cars to bosch pump? Im tempted to do mine myself but theres a few points im worried about; cambelts i hate because i could destroy my engine and i dont want that.. the fuel in on the bosch pump i got a bolt that looks like brake line to calliper bolt how the **** does that work.. So anyone that can do it get over here and write about it The mount for the pump apparently i have to change or rotate how do i do that :/ Im sure theres loads more i cant think up but need to know before i try this.. Dont get me wrong im not a noob i changed a clutch on my own in my fiesta twice first time took 2 days second time 5hours drive in drive out... And im studying level 3 motor vehicle at college << none of that is relavant just saying so people know im not a complete novice.. thank you goodnight please help me
I also posted this on theywhoshallnotbenamed if im allowed to say that lol just thought there might be a few different people on here, even though i recognize alot of the namesSmile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
as long as you lock up the crank and camshafts with an allen key and top mount bolt then you can't screw the engine. either get a bosch bracket or if you cant get one move the studs on the bracket and then lock up the timing holes on the pump you can't go wrong. the rest is down to having the right tools, injector socket/deep 27mm and breaker are are essential for the job. other than that a basic socket and ratchet set will do fine. the last thing is setting the pump timing but as long as you know what an XUD should sound like at idle then you shouldn't have any problem with that.

the fuel lines are what are called 'banjo bolts', they are essentially a bolt with a number of holes drilled around the circumference of the bolt and one down the centre allowing air or fluids to pass through it. the other part will have a hollowed out section inside it with a pipe connection to it, a copper washer goes between the bolt and the pipe fitting then another copper washer between the fitting and the application, sealing it.

[Image: ATP-FTG-004_450.jpg]

you will be looking at around £200 to £250 for a mechanic to swap the pumps over. have a read of any pump swap guides you can find and if your still worried then give krisb a shout and he will be able to source and fit a pump, lines and injectors for a very reasonable price, he also offers a fitting service if you source your own pump, lines and injectors.

www.krisb.co.uk/pricing Wrote:Bosch Conversion, Turbo Diesels only ~ £280 including pump, tune and everything needed.
Bosch Conversion, Turbo Diesels only ~ £190, fuel pump not included but cambelt, fire seals and a tune are included.
Thanks given by:
PM Dan! on here he might be able to help you out with how to do it etc etc,, he knows his shit Smile

Also i wouldnt pay a mechanic to do it, to expensive + if your gonna get it done might aswell keep the money in the forum so to speak.

Let me no if you find a decent method as i need to swap in the new year
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well if i go at it alone im going to take pictures of as much as i remember to and attempt to right a proper guide to help others like me Smile Thanks to Stevieg there aswell that bit of info has helped me alot.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Pay for something with no warranty? Hmmm
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Why have you asked me to do this like 3 times and still asking how to do it yourself lol?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the world of price comparison lol
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Quoted him 50 quid for the job completed and sorted.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Quoted him 50 quid for the job completed and sorted.

Good price this, I would bite your hand off if I wasn't sure what I was doing!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
You quoted me 60 darren i said 50 and i'd do it and you wanted 60 soo im considering doing it myself.. You said im welcome to look elsewhere etc so thats what im doing.. You gonna do it for 50 now? I know its 10quid but i only work part time and havent had the opportunity to work over the holidays so it a lot of money to me.. My bank account only works in 10's lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Pay for something with no warranty? Hmmm
Normally i would say hmm but this is Darren i would/have asked to do the work so im fine with doing it this way Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Darren did mine and Ruan even drove me to the local motor supplies to get a few bits I'd forgotten.

Top guys, thanks again! Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Mehh id just let darren do it tbh i know there is nothing like doing it yourself but if your unsure and darrens offering to do it at a good price id just get it done, im sure he wouldnt mind you hanging around to see how its done so you know for next time just my opinion.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 06:41 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Mehh id just let darren do it tbh i know there is nothing like doing it yourself but if your unsure and darrens offering to do it at a good price id just get it done, im sure he wouldnt mind you hanging around to see how its done so you know for next time just my opinion.
He did in the end lol and hes a top lad Smile This thread is 6 months old haha
Thanks given by:
Even for 60 quid getting Darren to do it makes sense tbh he really does know what he's doing and it shows
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£60 is bargain in my eyes.
Most garages would be £100 just for a timing belt change.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 06:59 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Even for 60 quid getting Darren to do it makes sense tbh he really does know what he's doing and it shows

This.
If you are doubting yourself being able to do it then don't (if you need the car for daily use anyway) if it's just a side project by all means give it a go but otherwise just pay out and get someone who knows what they are doing to sort you out
Thanks given by:
Again thats what i chose in the end.. Again Darren did an awesome job cannot fault the guy..
Thanks given by:
Its easy ive done 2 in the last 2 months one on blaze then from that to the new motor, to be honest once you read up on the guide section i just watched darrens guide video a while ago, and bingo done.

It really is one of the easiest engines to work on tbh as long as you dont rush and lock everything out properly you cant actually go wrong, and saves you extra pennies for other mods

£60 is a bargain tbh, Darren and KrisB have much experience and knowledge of these as have many other members but next time try giving it a go yourself

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£60?! Bargain, when I enquirer at a local garage for a friend they wanted £200 in labour!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeh im ashamed to say that back in the day I paid £260 for a mechanic to swap my pumps, and still did it wrong so forced to sort it myself! this is how it started for me!!!! anything around the prices mentioned previously in this thread is fairly bargain tbh and an insult to bargain with from the likes of kris and darren.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,449 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch VE firing order johnny625 1 1,214 10-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Bosch VE firing order johnny625 0 909 09-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: johnny625