First Car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Car
My 'standard' 205 1.1 was 1390 FC with a grandparent, switched the same policy to a Dturbo and it's now only 1580. It's a no-branier for me, I'd rather spend it on insurance and have a Better car than on fuel with a slower car.

Besides, if you have a faster car, you know that you have to be careful. Whereas something slow and growing you tend to do stupid things just for a bit of fun!
Thanks given by:
Made my mined up Smile getting a 306 1.6 XS [AC] coz it has the exact same bhp and top speed of a D turbo but just a smaller engine. Main reason is coz my dad won't let me have a 1.9 for a first car Sad in honest truth I would have the D turbo if it was left to me but he's over ruled (yet again) Sad
Thanks given by:
Same as standard but free to get a DT up to 125-130 bhp ish Smile where as with a 1.6 you need to spend hahah
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2012, 12:43 PM)Pooley306 Wrote: Made my mined up Smile getting a 306 1.6 XS [AC] coz it has the exact same bhp and top speed of a D turbo but just a smaller engine. Main reason is coz my dad won't let me have a 1.9 for a first car Sad in honest truth I would have the D turbo if it was left to me but he's over ruled (yet again) Sad

I wouldn't recommend it mate. Very few of those about, quite thirsty for a 1.6, slow, gearbox made of cheese, no real tuning potential, won't handle big mileages as well, and it'll be slower than even a standard DT with the lack of torque...

Just lie and tell your dad it's a 1.3 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'll try and persuade him Smile if I'm in a slow car I'm guna want to get the most out of it, but if I'm in a faster car I know the potential it already has Smile
Thanks given by:
Just talk about how reliable, efficient, simple and tough diesels are Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
and how you wont need to ask him for money to put petrol in all the time Wink
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2012, 05:12 PM)the milkman Wrote: and how you wont need to ask him for money to put petrol in all the time Wink
Yep. Plus you wont feel the need to drive fast everywhere to make it fun.
Ive had my hdi for 9months now and the boost still makes me smile
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2012, 05:12 PM)the milkman Wrote: and how you wont need to ask him for money to put petrol in all the time Wink
Made me giggle this!!

But pooley, really try and persuade your dad to get the dturbo!
i made the mistake of getting a 1.4 and they are tbh dire :/
you have to kick its head in just to go. nevermind go quick.
Welcome though! (:
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.6 306, trust me don't do it they are slow as f*ck
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Any one notice how this cheaky f*cker has pinched my signature pic and used it as his avitar? Angry

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Buy a corsa lovely little car! Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 04:31 PM)puglove Wrote: Any one notice how this cheaky f*cker has pinched my signature pic and used it as his avitar? Angry

what? no he hasnt? his is green! TMI

yeh... what is with that!

i had a 1.4 as my first car and now i have a 1.8 but looking for a DT. get the DT and dont bother with the petrol stuff. The diesels are easier to tune and cheaper to run! Also dont even being to start planning what you want to do unless youve got a budget sorted. You want to go OEM+ so get it looking nice standard before slapping on da rimz.
Thanks given by:
Hahahahaha classic! Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fraud! Haha
Thanks given by:
HAHAHAHAH! Pictures need watermarks everywhere these days! 1.4 pugs, 100 percent fail. hold out for that Dturbo ;-)

Not sure if i can welcome you.... noob welcoming a noob... hows that work haha. Welcome anyway Big Grin
Thanks given by:
go for OEM alloys dude, will always look good!

saves you buying a set, putting them on and then decide they look sh*t Smile
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
You need to explain to your dad that a 1.9 diesel only put out 89 HP where as a 1.6 petrol puts out about the same. The diesel will still be cheaper on the insurance and it'll be much more efficient and last longer. My 1.4 was scrapped at 84k as the engine was knackered. A dturbo will go way beyond 200k if you look after it!
Thanks given by:
Try aviva and direct line, also, you can get 10month policies aswell which are cheaper and you get your no claims bonus 2 months quicker...
Thanks given by:
LV car insurance atm are doing something where you do a year and they give you 2years no claims Confused dont ask me at all how it works but my mates got it atm
Thanks given by:
get a d turbo Big Grin so much win and you can coal Tongue try Brentacre insurance i find them decent Big Grin
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by: