disc rear beam conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disc rear beam conversion
i am about to buy a gti-6 rear beam for my 1.4 lx as mine is f***ed will it be a straight fit i know i will need different handbrake cables but will all the brake pipes and mounts be the same and also are the rear hubs the same offset eg will my et15 wheels fit straight on
Thanks given by:
A simple search would have found the answer yes to all your questions
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Well I'm on my phone and living in the Isle of Wight I cant get 3g signal so it takes 3 years to load a web page lol
Thanks given by:
Lol no worries. This site is pretty quick when mobile browsing, there's very little bloat so it should load quickly even on a modest connection.
Thanks given by:
If you have windows phone or android download either tapatalk or boardexpress Big Grin its what i use
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
If you have android i could email you a free copy of tapatalk
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
ive got an iPhone but ive got tapatalk didnt think about using it lol

Also would i need to adjust the bias valve when i lower the back again
Thanks given by:
aha i have to use the app sometimes fml, my phone forces me to use it lol

But my app has a tendency to comment in the wrong thread
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
The brake pipes were different completely on my p1 had to make new ones up from scratch.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:If you have android i could email you a free copy of tapatalk

<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedimon@swfco.net">simon@swfco.net</a><!-- e --> PLEASE Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Incoming
Thanks given by:
Dan Wrote:Thanks, Well I'm on my phone and living in the Isle of Wight I cant get 3g signal so it takes 3 years to load a web page lol

ask your friend who lives near you and is doing the same thing next week....
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The chances are you'll need a new brake pipe or two anyway! I can make my own copper brake pipes, comes in very handy!

Handbrake cables are also different.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
yea i can imagine ill need a few new brake pipes im hoping to do it at work so i can make them if i need to
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Dan Wrote:Thanks, Well I'm on my phone and living in the Isle of Wight I cant get 3g signal so it takes 3 years to load a web page lol

ask your friend who lives near you and is doing the same thing next week....

soz mate didnt really think about it lol
Thanks given by:
If the axle is complete, you won't need any brake pipes
Thanks given by:
i think krisb is on about the ones that go from the master cylinder to the load valve that ive got to undo as they have a terrible habbit of seizing up and twisting when you try and take them off
Thanks given by:
And what if the car you're fitting the disc beam too is a phase1 and doesnt have a load compensator on the drum beam? :p
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it^^ I never! lol
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:And what if the car you're fitting the disc beam too is a phase1 and doesnt have a load compensator on the drum beam? :p

This is how mine was ^^

My rear brake lines were probably originals so I gave them a good dose of WD40 on the unions under the spare wheel 3 days in a row before the beam came off and they undid perfectly with no rounding at all. It was from these 2 unions that I had to make up my own lines to the load compensator. Looks wise it is a complete fail, lol I had never done it before and wasn't sure how much to bend the copper before it creased so the bends are very long! Ill get a pic up for lols at some point. - But it works!!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Theoretically speaking, if you don't have a load valve then the master cyclinder should be doing the bias for you i beleive.

Dan86... you need to be carefull with the brake lines. They need to be shaped well and secure enough for an mot. If the tester doesn't like the look of the lines he'll fail it.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Theoretically speaking, if you don't have a load valve then the master cyclinder should be doing the bias for you i beleive.

Dan86... you need to be carefull with the brake lines. They need to be shaped well and secure enough for an mot. If the tester doesn't like the look of the lines he'll fail it.

Cheers for the heads up. Ive got my MOT on the 15th. If it only fails on that I will be happy. I can then either pay someone to make me the correct ones or have another go myself. It was just a bodge to get it on tbh, it is safe to drive but I know what you mean.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_360.htm Smile
Thanks given by:
I got away without changing any brake pipes (from ph2 dts drums to ph3 hdi discs) as it didnt have the compensator on the ph3 beam, so just swapped the whole lot over
Thanks given by:
well im hoping the pipes on the car should be ok, but as seen as my mot isnt for a few months im in no extreme rush to get the beam on so im thinking about changing all the pipes, hoses, discs, pads and mounts before i fit it so i know it will be ok for the mot
Thanks given by:
Dan Wrote:well im hoping the pipes on the car should be ok, but as seen as my mot isnt for a few months im in no extreme rush to get the beam on so im thinking about changing all the pipes, hoses, discs, pads and mounts before i fit it so i know it will be ok for the mot

gimmie a shout when you need this lot mate, got links to the best for price parts Wink
Thanks given by:
cheers mate if you can give me the links im gunna get prices for everything at work from unipart so ill see whats cheaper
Thanks given by:
Dan Wrote:cheers mate if you can give me the links im gunna get prices for everything at work from unipart so ill see whats cheaper

you'd mayaswell get some decent products mate whilst your at it, reasonable prices..

braded hoses - contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:richardspong06@aol.com">richardspong06@aol.com</a><!-- e --> - he can make you up a pair, coloured, braded for £26.50 delivered (price may vary on materials etc)

rear left handbrake *108735171* - https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peug ... 9b4&000168

rear right handbrake *108735181* - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peuge ... 095&000168

Rear discs and pads - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140448769797? ... 1497.l2649

You can get hold of some solid mounts, but wont be making THAT much of a difference on our roads mate, i was going to get a set but havn't bothered...
Thanks given by:
cheers matedoubt ill get it all that much cheaper from work lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 14,988 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,341 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,420 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK