hdi ticking!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi ticking!
hi guys, my hdi is making a ticking noise when accelerating between 2000-3000rpm, when i ease off the throttle the noise stops and also the noise does not occur when stationary when i rev the engine, boost leak ??

i got the mrs to record the noise,:

any suggestions ?

cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Not watched the video but if it stops at 3200 it's your injectors just being noisy.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
yeah, injectors.. nothing to worry about from what I understand!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Mine are the same, i can boot it & it'll just stop ticking at 3.2k revs, nothing major, just an annoyance
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers guys, its just it seems like the car is dwn on power, it struggles to rev past 3k
Thanks given by:
Injectors would have to be pretty bad to stop it revving past 3k. Possibly 2 unrelated issues there, if the MAF sensor is failing it will struggle to rev past 3k.....unplug it and see if theres a difference. Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok where is the MAF sensor ? and by doing this will i harm the engine at all ? Cheers
Thanks given by:
Nope, won't harm it at all. The sensor is located in the air piping just after the airbox iirc.
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks mate
Thanks given by:
Don't unplug it while its running. How many miles has the car done?

That sounds pretty bad, could be the crank pulley. Was that full throttle? Can see its got 130k on the clock in the vid actually, injectors may need a refurb, but that's not cheap so check your other options first. Does it smoke at all?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not much smoke until 3000-35000rpm when there is a bit of smoke, i cant remember if it was full throttle but the car is not quick really, 2 injectors were done by the previous owner a just over a year ago so could be.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure mine started smoking about 3-3.5k, back when i had shagged injectors... Maybe worth a look then, try doing a leak-off test on them and see what that tells you (Cully has a thread in the guide section on how to do this).
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Ticking" noise on hard throttle bigtone0777 21 5,161 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Ticking injectors power loss? Ricky 12 2,364 15-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Engine ticking :( kyleo92 19 4,943 19-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Eeyore