Peugeot 306 D turbo first car ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 D turbo first car ?
Im 16 going to be 17 soon and was wondering what a 306 d turbo would be like as a first car , insurance and mods etc and also if anyone has already had this and what they thought?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
brilliant first car cheap to insure quick if you turn the pump up ect...
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
as a first car? probably not ideal. You'll find it virtually impossible to insure with mods on it as a first car, keep it standard for a year & you'll probably be alright insurance wise.
Thanks given by:
who needs to declare mods Wink haha
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:35 AM)Joe Wrote: who needs to declare mods Wink haha

I was thinking of putting a Bosch pump in it and a bodykit and maybe an HID kit ?
Thanks given by:
Had one for my first car, was cheaper to insure than 1.0saxos/106, fiestas and pretty much any other car i tried to get a quote on
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:37 AM)Beanz Wrote:

I was thinking of putting a Bosch pump in it and a bodykit and maybe an HID kit ?

No to the bodykit man :/ Oem+ is win!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

If you want to just do a bosch and wind the turbo up you dont really need to insure it. As they are standered items and lnow one would work out that it has been modified. ( unless they really knew about 306's and what years came with what)

But for the love of god dont put a body kit on.

1.it looks tacky and you will get pulled every 5 mins
2.it will cost a shit load of money . Money better spent eles where on the car
3. It wont last more than a year before it cracks and paint starts flaking then it looks worse than a sranderd car
4.every on will point and laugh at you. Especialy after a year or so when it looks a state.

Just my opinion. Oh and pretty much 99% of the people on this forum as well Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 09:42 AM)puglove Wrote: But for the love of god dont put a body kit on.

1.it looks tacky and you will get pulled every 5 mins
2.it will cost a shit load of money . Money better spent eles where on the car
3. It wont last more than a year before it cracks and paint starts flaking then it looks worse than a sranderd car
4.every on will point and laugh at you. Especialy after a year or so when it looks a state.

Just my opinion. Oh and pretty much 99% of the people on this forum as well Big Grin

Agreed ^^. (:
Thanks given by:
Nooooo shitty bodykits, Simple Mods bodywise are ok, splitter sideskirts etc no tacky bodykits ruins the shape of a 306

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most scenes nowa days stick to the oem look.
Keep it original but do something new to make it stand out! That's how it works now.
Also with mods I'd keep it standard for a while. Get use to driving and shit before you start modding for speed. My hdi was nippy enough standard.
As for insurance I wouldnt know my first year was dodgy as hell and was able to insure a 2litre Mondeo for £700 instead of 7k.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Guys you're forgetting we were all 17 before. My first car was a white saxo, bonnet raisers, lowered and on chrome wolfraces. Gotta get it out of your system at some point!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 10:47 AM)declantg Wrote: Guys you're forgetting we were all 17 before. My first car was a white saxo, bonnet raisers, lowered and on chrome wolfraces. Gotta get it out of your system at some point!

Must of just been you dec!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I went mostly OEM on my UNO when I was 17, Cinq Sporting alloys, tinted lights, debadge and destriped...

Of course, I don't think the huge, blue Sparco mudflaps and 4 Cibie rally spots were Fiat options if I'm honest Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
My Mondeo I just chucked some 5 spoke 15" tsw because they was cheaper than 2 tyres. My Astra exhaust that set car alarms of and team dynamics ( cheaper than tyres again)
First 306 lazers.
Second Astra back to the team dynamics and my very own Matt black paint!
You all know this pug Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Someone get a photo of srowells 1.4!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
To be fair my first car was a Rover Metro Gti but with 1.8 Kseries with twin 40's and stainless straight through 5 foot flame Smile all mods declared £1200 but insurance wasnt as bad 7 years ago.

Its shocking these days shop around ring rather than online also and play them off against one an other wouldnt mod anything for a year or so, or get the policy running and ring mid policy and ask how much for this and that i usually do that and works a treat
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Don't even go there..
Thanks given by:
So no bodykit , what about lowered and a new sound system ? and possibly some alloys
Thanks given by:
Get a kit if you want, don't listen to anyone else, its your car remember, do what you want. This doesn't mean that if you do get a bodykit ill like it, and if i don't i will most certainly take the piss Tongue but don't be a sheep and listen to anyone when it comes to modifying
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What connor says if you REALLY want to then do it. Im just ADVISING you to spend your money els where. I just think when it starts falling apart you will regret it.

Wheels and lows are a must have Big Grin ICE is always nice on long trips too.

What i would say is look through the project threads pick up some ideas and change them a little and make them your own sort of thing. Also google image . Peugeot 306 body kit to see how naff they are compared to some of the more unique projects on here that havent used body kits.

But at the end of the day its up to you mate. Do what you would like to do.

Thanks given by:
Yeah i have DEFINATELY changed my mind because this was the bodykit that i thought would look ok
http://pistonheads.com/sales/4105648.htm
Safe to say NO to ANY bodykit :L
Thanks given by:
Ooooh dear what a waste of a gti6. Thats called the infurno body kit. And IMO that is gash. Lol. Have you had a look through the projects anf seen what can be done looks wise instead?

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 02:15 PM)Beanz Wrote: Yeah i have DEFINATELY changed my mind because this was the bodykit that i thought would look ok
http://pistonheads.com/sales/4105648.htm
Safe to say NO to ANY bodykit :L

That is a pretty hideous kit. TMI

I love the 306 shape. Personally wouldn't want to move away from it like that. Smile
Thanks given by:

Err, everyone who modifies their car?

You're a total cock if you don't declare it, it's one of the reasons insurance premiums are so high for young drivers. You'd be surprised how little it costs to declare mods, and I'm in the bizzare situation where if I get a quote for my car as standard, it's around a grand, but if I declare all the mods, it goes DOWN to around the 700 mark..

As for the OP, go for it, the're cracking cars and cheap to run if you get one in good nick!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I dont mind bodykits but as they are fibre glass they dont last
long especially if you lower the car and you start scrubbing.

Less is more imo but i was your age once and ive done all.
Like conner said, its your motor, your choices.

Welcome btw Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh and one last thing , which one would be better for insurance and mods etc.
D turbo or HDi ?
Thanks given by:
Can. Worms. Opened.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 10:49 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(18-09-2012, 10:47 AM)declantg Wrote: Guys you're forgetting we were all 17 before. My first car was a white saxo, bonnet raisers, lowered and on chrome wolfraces. Gotta get it out of your system at some point!

Must of just been you dec!

nah i did it too Wink

(18-09-2012, 10:54 AM)declantg Wrote: Someone get a photo of srowells 1.4!

this blue one wasnt my 1.4 but it is terrible!
[Image: 2011-05-17203840.jpg]

this is was 1.4 which was terrible. As said above though its something that eventually gets out of your system!

[Image: IMG_6155.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6146.jpg]

and then it got better!
[Image: 2011-06-18145830.jpg]
[Image: Capture2.png]
[Image: Capture.png]

then there were 3 - My 1.4 1.8 and Decs dturbo
[Image: IMG_20120310_175739.jpg]

and then the 1.8
[Image: jEsHk1nmOBWL3.jpg]
[Image: jSGrvYnRLTvwc.jpg]
[Image: jn4W0onumG5qB-2.jpg]

so really... its lowered 60mm, colour change on the cyclone alloys and window tints on the back. sorted!
Thanks given by:
Yeah but Rowell your 1.4 wasn't too bad really. You only had aftermarket alloys which we all do but 306s just look better oem. Only thing that let it down was the eye brows.
My 1.4 was phase 2 bumper lazers angels eyes and lexarse lights which ill admit looked ok a little bit :/ should of phase 2-3 rear lights.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by: