advice please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice please
hello guys i need your advice. i went out on a test drive in a 306 hdi. the car ran out of fuel so we put more in it and it was taking ages to start. we got it started but the management light stays on now and its sounds a tad tappy. what do you think it is and do you think i should stay well away?

thanks in advance guys Tim
Thanks given by:
Doesn't sound out of the ordinary, last time i ran out of fuel i had to crack all the investor lines off to get the air lock out. The fault code will be "low pressure to fuel pump" or something like that, mine went off by itself after a day or 2. And the thing id be most worried about, is that they let you test drive it with not enough diesel in the tank, i mean if i was selling any car id make sure there was enough fuel in it...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the guy has just bought an a4 and dosnt use it but its had fortunes spent on it
Thanks given by:
I ran out of diesel once. I disconnected the battery for a bit and it went. It's a soft code that clears after a few successful cycles Iirc.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
nice one guys thanks for the info
Thanks given by:
Crack off the injector lines? On an HDi? When there's a perfectly good auto-priming system? Connor i worry about you....

Running out of fuel doesn't do these engines any good, if it's now magically sounding tappy i'd be wary. Without insulting your intelligence, is it much more tappy, or is it a marginal thing that could be partially imaginary, if you know what i mean? Could just be where you're listening for problems now..? There anything else wrong with it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: