Bargain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargain
Just a heads up, halfords have got their advanced 2 tonne ratchet axle stands on sale for £11.49 at the moment. I've had a set for 3 years now and there great so just gone and got another!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Just a heads up, halfords have got their advanced 2 tonne ratchet axle stands on sale for £11.49 at the moment. I've had a set for 3 years now and there great so just gone and got another!

I have some of the 3 ton ones but thats cheap, might have to make a trip to halfords then, wonder if I can get more off with trade card? Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I was thinking the same mark Big Grin know where im going on the way home lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:Just a heads up, halfords have got their advanced 2 tonne ratchet axle stands on sale for £11.49 at the moment. I've had a set for 3 years now and there great so just gone and got another!

I have some of the 3 ton ones but thats cheap, might have to make a trip to halfords then, wonder if I can get more off with trade card? Big Grin

No. I got them to run it through on my trade card and it comes out more expensive.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I was going to get them yesterday but wasn't too sure on them.
Thanks given by:
Nevermind, but still cheap enough
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
I had a feeling they discounted the full price and not the offer one if you put them on a trade card Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Bastsrds didn't have any! Ill try the other halfords later
Thanks given by:
Bastards bought these full price not long ago
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Bastards bought these full price not long ago
Twat
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Wouldnt buy those :nope:

Not got a safety locking pin as far as I've seen (and 2 reviews say under cons "no locking pins") so you whack it with your foot or a breaker bar or something and it can release.
I'd spend the extra for some with a locking pin, personally I prefer the manual slide up/down ones with a locking pin (non-foldable) as you know its not going anywhere, A mate of mine wont use axle stands anymore since a set of halfords ones (foldable I believe) collapsed on him, he always uses a massive block of wood or another solid object. (cant say if he was using incorrectly as wasnt there)
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There not foldable. And if you look closely at the design, you will see that you have to lift the top up before you can lift the leaver to drop it. You can't knock them down when there under the car. Unless you can lift your car up of course!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:There not foldable. And if you look closely at the design, you will see that you have to lift the top up before you can lift the leaver to drop it. You can't knock them down when there under the car. Unless you can lift your car up of course!

I was going to say this, if you can lift the ratchet release with a car sat on it then you either have a really light car or your the strongest man in the world lol

Plus even at the bottom they are still 10" off the ground too! IMO for £11.50 they are spot on Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Even the snap on/mac ones don't have any sort of locking mechanism apart from the ratchet, which take some doing to release with a car on top, trust me Wink ninja
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Even the snap on/mac ones don't have any sort of locking mechanism apart from the ratchet, which take some doing to release with a car on top, trust me Wink ninja

Exactly. If they could be released then they wouldn't be allowed to sell them because you would get bell ends that don't pay any attention and kick them all the time!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Even the snap on/mac ones don't have any sort of locking mechanism apart from the ratchet, which take some doing to release with a car on top, trust me Wink ninja

I tend to find that a few 100 kgs is more than sufficient as a locking mechanism lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Exactly, its not something you can "accidentally" released
Thanks given by:
f*ck it, got the 3ton ones instead lol same price on trade as the 2ton ones retail. Noticed something with them though, they are 2/3ton as a pair... so only 1/1.5ton stands
Thanks given by:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255207 reserve them online!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
They were there, i just wanted the 3ton ones instead Tongue
Thanks given by:
so very tempted!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:They were there, i just wanted the 3ton ones instead Tongue

for when you want to hold yourself ASWELL AS the car :dance:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Oh no you didnt, just wait till I see you next... And no, for when I work on a real car Tongue
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:fornicates it, got the 3ton ones instead lol same price on trade as the 2ton ones retail. Noticed something with them though, they are 2/3ton as a pair... so only 1/1.5ton stands

I thought this was how all stands were rated? Afterall, if each one was capable of holding 3tons then between them they could hold a 6ton vehicle?
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Well im used to using "actual" 2ton stands, not a pair of 1ton stands. All the mac/snapon stands Ive used are rated at 2/2.5ton on their own. Suppose the quality comes with the pricetag
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well im used to using "actual" 2ton stands, not a pair of 1ton stands. All the mac/snapon stands Ive used are rated at 2/2.5ton on their own. Suppose the quality comes with the pricetag

Really? I just assumed that they were all measured as a pair.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Well the stickers on them say either 2 or 2.5 ton... so
Thanks given by: