Help? Can't find an intercooler set up!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help? Can't find an intercooler set up!!
Can anyone help with finding and intercooler set up I have been searching flea bay and the forum, but can't find what is needed. I was hoping to find a used set up. Any help or advice would be great thanks
Thanks given by:
406 inlet + bottom pipe or c5 bottom pipe from 110 model. The rest is up to you , most people use universal intercoolers but oem is more creative
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I know I'm being a little thick I'm sure but hey I gotta learn.... Is this what u mean..     or is it this,     I would be great if u could help. I'm not sure what piping to get either but if I have the basic stuff I can find the rest after... So wish someone was selling a complete set up :-S
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2012, 10:51 PM)Icywalts Wrote: I know I'm being a little thick I'm sure but hey I gotta learn.... Is this what u mean.. or is it this, I would be great if u could help. I'm not sure what piping to get either but if I have the basic stuff I can find the rest after... So wish someone was selling a complete set up :-S

niether of them. they`re off the 90bhp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251141650402?s...1438.l2649

you want the 3 on the left coz it makes things easy. then buy -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-25-UNIVERSAL...4840df0d05

or similar, and thats it, apart from the clutch and map Phew
Thanks given by:
Twin pass is easier to fit in because there is lots of room down the nearside of the radiator, and both boost pipes run towards that side of the engine bay (because that is where the HDi110 one sits, so all OEM pipes lead there)

Dave
Thanks given by:
So I have been part hunting.. What about these!?    

There was one more small part from it list but I couldnt find it? More advice??
Thanks given by:
Check the guide section dude, a whole thread on this. There's also a further 5 related threads in the first 3 pages of this section. Also, if you read/click the link on neilz85's post, you will be able to see the OEM pipes required, they're all easily available in scrap yards.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
These are the 2 pipes you need off the 406 110bhp

[Image: 306new29.jpg]

I recently just finished my intercooler off i went round scrap yard finding cheap rubber elbows (pipes with elbows on that can chop down) the right size (57mm) thats the size i went for anyway then sourced some cheap alloy pipe and cheap intercooler all in all from doing it on the cheap it probably cost me around £80-100, but you could just buy them pipes on the pic from a scrap yard (i paid £10 for the 406 ones) and then get a universal intercooler off ebay if you get a single pass one then i think you may need to remove air con (if you have it) twin pass would be easier tho look at my thred to see how i run pipes etc

Thanks given by:
Would this be of any use??    
Thanks given by:
Not being funny mate, we've told you exactly what you need and where to get it, there's only so much we can do for you. You can see for yourself that the required pipes aren't present in that picture, and i can see that you have a phone, therefore must be able to ring the seller and confirm for yourself. Give it a go, most sellers are pretty pleasant. Smile

Failing that, pay me £50 posted for a set and i'll go and get you some now and post them off. Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 07:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: Not being funny mate, we've told you exactly what you need and where to get it, there's only so much we can do for you. You can see for yourself that the required pipes aren't present in that picture, and i can see that you have a phone, therefore must be able to ring the seller and confirm for yourself. Give it a go, most sellers are pretty pleasant. Smile

Failing that, pay me £50 posted for a set and i'll go and get you some now and post them off. Tongue

I'm not trying to be a nuisance but where ever I look there are different pics and people have plumbed it a different way I'm totally comfused now.. I look at people set ups and there's like 10 different bits of tube... I've probs looked at so much its sent me under completely.

I will keep looking but tbh I would be happy to pay for you to find the bits, I'm learning here all this is new to me I'm taking a while to learn but it will stick, sorry for being such a frustrating chode about it!!!
Thanks given by:
Is there any reason people don't use the IC off the 110HDi? As you're getting the ally elbow, surely its easy enough to get the IC too? Just wondering as I can't say I've seen of anyone doing it??
Thanks given by:
Because it's tiny and crap Tom, if nothing else it's only designed to achieve 110bhp. Wink Tbf i haven't seen anyone else try it, so i suppose we've got no proof as such, just seems inadequate for it's intended application in our case.

Everyone does their FMIC install differently because there is no set way to do it. There isn't an off-the-shelf kit, so people have to work out what'll work best for them and get stuck in. There's not much more info we can give you than what's already in this thread, is there not a scrap yard near you where you can go and have a look at the parts in question?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have seen someone use the 110 intercooler but it was mounted behind the radiator so probably worked not that well at all, they had a thread about going back to standard?

I wonder if 110 intercooler with stage 1 setup would help with more smokey stage 1 maps?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Thats fair enough, I did think about that but surely you can map the 110s up to ~150ish on the standard setup anyway, just like (dare I say it) the PDs?

I havent seen the 110 IC so no idea what its like/how big it is, just thought it'd be fine for if you wanted a limited torque stage 2, without sticking a massive ic on that is bigger than needed. Keep reliability, save clutches/tyres and cost, thats just the way I looked at it anyway. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't find it grind it? Will 18 3,308 04-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Will