April 2013 - Nürburgring?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2013 - Nürburgring?
(14-11-2012, 12:37 PM)Poodle Wrote: No offence fella, but have you actually done anything further towards organising the group trip? It's fine to leave it 'til the last minute if you're going by yourself, but it's a completely different story with a group, speaking from experience. :S

Good to see you're still coming though, hoping i can make it, but need concrete details to work with first.

Nope, if anyone else wants to take charge they are more than welcome I've provided the details all that's really left to do is people book their ferries? I can't do that for them.

Of course I can see why people haven't I think it will take the first person to book to get others to do so.
Thanks given by:
I would volunteer but I'm jot even sure if I'll be going! Lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, was thinking there would be plans for which campsite to book etc. As you say, we can talk over it at the christmas meet, should be a lot easier to set details when everyone can stick their oar in at once. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
A serious conversation at the xmas meet? I'll believe that when it happens!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'm oot.
Thanks given by:
interested too, never driven abroad before, does normal car insurance cover driving abroad or do we have to tell them?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
You should deffo come along then!

You would need European break down cover, some policies offer it, whereas some do not. And although your policy may cover you abroad, it most likely will exclude the Nurburgring.

Once on the Nurburgring this is my understanding of it is basically NO, you are not insured under UK car insurance. However, you can get 'special' polices which are like £250/day or 1.5% of the value of your car, for instance.
Thanks given by:
good luck getting european breakdown cover on a car over 10 years old. they just aren't interested/won't provide cover..

Thanks given by:
Well, by European break down cover, I of course mean your tow bar!
Thanks given by:
Hmm. Riight.

Thanks given by:
this sucks because i was planning on bringing the 306 and now thats dead dont think i'll have a 205 sorted in time Sad
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
You've got a WHOLE five months or so to get it done.

Just isolate yourself and dedicate your life and it'll be done in no time Big Grin

You could still come, even if you're not driving.....
Thanks given by:
ive still gotta buy it, get an xud engine, convert from shit struts, brakes, tyres ect get it with a huge blower and hopefully sort a dimma or maxi F2000 kit so i was thinking about sorting it over the year lol
Thanks given by:
http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.php

This answers insurance and breakdown questions some of you may have
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 12:08 AM)the milkman Wrote: ive still gotta buy it, get an xud engine, convert from shit struts, brakes, tyres ect get it with a huge blower and hopefully sort a dimma or maxi F2000 kit so i was thinking about sorting it over the year lol

Ahh I see, thought you were a bit further along than that lol

I think you're a bit confused though, the F2000 is a weapon used by the Belgium special forces Tongue
Thanks given by:
nope been reserching and getting little bits like suspenssion for it before i get the car Smile i dunno may be done may not be, if not im calling shot gun in yours lol

*facepalm* F2000 kits are like dimma just less vents and not as wide
Thanks given by:
I know, I know. Just pulling your leg Big Grin

Keep the shell standard looking!
Thanks given by:
hmmmm i was debating a sleeper but standard they look just to shit for my liking lol just take a second to imagine a 205 dimma coaling like a train pulling past you................... now youve done this reach for your box of tissues
Thanks given by:
I dont know if I'm going to make it. I'm really short of money
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys, I'm out too. As much as imo the 'ring is a bucket list trip (got to be done once just for the experience), I could get around 5 trackdays in the UK for the same money. That or not do as many track-days and have money left over for a few other bits.

Definitely need to do this someday, but not next year Sad
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:23 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Sorry guys, I'm out too. As much as imo the 'ring is a bucket list trip (got to be done once just for the experience), I could get around 5 trackdays in the UK for the same money. That or not do as many track-days and have money left over for a few other bits.

Definitely need to do this someday, but not next year Sad

Get a lift with someone then! I have a seat spare.

Thanks given by:
This thread seems to be in a bit of mess, so I'm going to rescue it because I REALLY want this trip to happen! We never actually discussed this at the Xmas meet, unless I wasn't part of any discussions to do with this trip.

If everyone who is 100% committed to coming, please put your name down. Without sounding too harsh, I don't want this thread to be filled all of a sudden with people saying they may or may not be coming due to reasons x, y and z. I just want a clear idea Smile One issue that I can think of is we are planning on having a meet fairly close to the date previously mentioned, so if that is a problem, we can either bring this forward by a few weeks or delay it slightly.

Costs have been mentioned in previous posts, but I will looking into camping tomorrow and see what is available, but that will obviously depend on how many of us are going. The cheapest option for the ferry, would be to go with DFDS Seaways, £74 each way. I would like to go ahead and book the ferry within the next few weeks, just so the trip is cemented. I feel as if a domino effect will happen, so I'm sure Jonny and myself will get that going!

So yeah, I reckon it will be an absolutely awesome trip and hope a load of us can get over there (I don't want to be stuck on my own with jonny Tongue).
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you can get cheaper ferries than that mate! I got a return for 45 quid when I went on holiday to the south of france over summer!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I am very happy to come still. I can get the time off but obviously I won't be driving. So I can share fuel and costs with someone who is indeed willing to take me.

Obviously it needs to be someone fairly close or someone willing to get down to near bristol.

Offers?

It will be a much cheaper trip.
Thanks given by:
You can tag along with me if you want Andy
Thanks given by:
Ahh nicely done man.

I see you live in honiton, I know it well and happen to know you will be coming up the M5 directly past Weston. Schaweet. Sorted then Smile
Thanks given by:
Didn't get a chance to talk about this at Christmas meet as I was only there the Friday. I might just book it tonight and pray others do as well
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan! Smile just need to get saving
Thanks given by:
Tell me about it lol

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 06:02 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Sounds like a plan! Smile just need to get saving

Dont worry too much. We can share fuel, laps and a hotel room (insert Giggidy comment)
That's if people are getting hotels. Won't be tooooooooo bad tbh. But then again you're driving a '6... f*ck its gonna be horrendous.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,216 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,619 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 22,378 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Lwilliams