• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forged pistons
Fot anyone who is intrested

http://forged-pistons.co.uk/
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
But they don't do a set for an XUD9...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well we are on with custom rods and if the pistons are 200g per, then it's making some sense, no ?
Thanks given by:
They also dont do forged rods for xud9. Ive not seen anyone throw a rod apart from that engine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well generally, anyone company that can make forged pistons and there are a lot of them.
Mahle, CP, Wiseco to name but three off the top of my head.
Same for rods too.
Thanks given by:
Might be worth contacting then. Ill be on the look out next year though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Well I don't see anyone rushing to do it. So are the stockers ok other than teh weight?
The bar is set on the rods at 500quid a pop, which is certainly customer piston territory.
Perhaps this time next year folks will be killing pistons somehow ??
Thanks given by:
If it was a Direct Injection engine, sure... Trust, the head will be absolutely wrecked before the point of IDI guys nailing pistons.

I also wouldn't trust any "performance racing" company to make IDI pistons correctly - not many people really know about Diesel piston manufacture, they endure completely different kinds of stresses than a high performance petrol engine... Wait until you get into the realms of trying to manufacture Direct Injection pistons, another whole kettle of fish!

End of the day, we don't have the same problems as petrols, no blowtorching pistons from a brief moment of going lean, hotspots, detonation... You could buy a forged DI piston and completely destroy it the next week if the combustion bowl was manufactured millimetres out or your injectors were remotely dodgy, it's a whole other kettle of fish... I've NEVER seen anyone destroy one, so I'd be happy with stock pistons for a while yet!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2014, 02:11 PM)Ruan Wrote: If it was a Direct Injection engine, sure... Trust, the head will be absolutely wrecked before the point of IDI guys nailing pistons.

I also wouldn't trust any "performance racing" company to make IDI pistons correctly - not many people really know about Diesel piston manufacture, they endure completely different kinds of stresses than a high performance petrol engine... Wait until you get into the realms of trying to manufacture Direct Injection pistons, another whole kettle of fish!

End of the day, we don't have the same problems as petrols, no blowtorching pistons from a brief moment of going lean, hotspots, detonation... You could buy a forged DI piston and completely destroy it the next week if the combustion bowl was manufactured millimetres out or your injectors were remotely dodgy, it's a whole other kettle of fish... I've NEVER seen anyone destroy one, so I'd be happy with stock pistons for a while yet!
Your always teaching me stuff. Ive been in the trade 8 years as well!! Never once have I seen a diesel piston die though probably for the reasons you just mentioned.
Thanks given by:
I've seen HDis wreck pistons, but always from shafted injectors - you can't shaft a piston simply from running... The cloud of soot out the back to be able to would be insane, not to mention the exhaust valves would be burnt to a crisp.

[Image: 55125d1397695245-c4-1-6-hdi-turbo-rebuil...131212.jpg]

That's the sorta thing that happens to Direct Injection pistons...

But you won't see it happening to IDI pistons...
Thanks given by:
The c3s used to have a recall on because the injector got stuck on spraying and put a hole through piston! Was a few years ago. Disnt get the recall at pug though so I can only assume wiring fault with citroen.
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2014, 02:11 PM)Ruan Wrote: If it was a Direct Injection engine, sure... Trust, the head will be absolutely wrecked before the point of IDI guys nailing pistons.

So just the weight argument then.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, which for the increased cost, I don't think is worth it...

Not to mention as I said, no chance I'd trust anyone designing one... They simply do not undergo the same stresses as a conventional performance spark ignition piston.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FORGED XUD - new oil pump? dr_jekyll 2 1,260 30-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  lower height pistons xud11 of 1 mm niciou 3 5,178 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: niciou
  Forged Xud vs M-HDI pugtk 15 5,343 28-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb