Yesterday was a bad day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday was a bad day
So it started off with being told my hours are being cut, so would be looking £150-£200 a month. Which is really shit

Then I get a call from my dad with a couple of letters that are at home that they are worried about (I don't live with them but post is registered there) so I tell them to open it.

The first one the open is a fine for £500 for appealing guilty in court.... I almost cried. I have no idea what they are on about there must be a mistake.

The second is my court summons.....
Basically when I got my second section 59 not only did they take my car, fine me £120 then, but the twat reported me for driving without due care and attention. Never told me, never cautioned me.

So almost 6 months months down the line ( more than 6months I'd have been fine) the court summons arrive on my doorstep, while my old man is on holiday. He gets back puts it all on the side as normal, then I go on holiday for a week 2 days later. My court hearing was on the 10th so missed that completely as I was away and didn't get the post.
So I automatically pled guilty as I was not there.
So out of this I now have £500 and 6 points on the licence
Found a few holes with the paperwork so going to argue like f*ck with them.

And it doesn't stop there

Opening the rest of my post,
Two parking fines for the service stations. So apparently they worry about you driving tired but you can't actually stop to sleep....
Another £210 on top of the £500

And I'm still homeless, can't stay at my mates anylonger and no ones able to put me up locally.

So I a day
£500 fine
£210 parking fine
-£200 a month
6 points on my licence
Still homeless and now all this debt is making it worse.

So currently sat at -£4k through credit cards for when the car went wrong, the 1.5k remaining on the ex girlfriends loan, other existing debt and now this.....

Kill me now.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Man the f*ck up, nothing sorts itself out, get out there looking for a better job and somewhere to live (why not with your parents for now? if your post is there I take it they didnt kick you out or anything.)

When shit happens, if you don't sort it fairly quick, more shit happens, and then more, infact shit happens constantly, and trust me on this, you get deeper and deeper until you reach a point (which it seems you now have) where it seems like theres no way out, don't wait around for something to change, it won't, you've gotta change it ASAP before more shit happens!!

Harsh, but true, good luck with it though. Smile
Thanks given by:
Bhahaha being told to MTFU from you is comical.
Although cant live with my dad as he has no room and legally I can't be there.
Can't live with my mum as my step dad is a lady garden, and I might have given him a slap recently

Thing is I wouldn't mind so much if I knew about all this, didn't even know I was meant to be reported. So didn't know I had to go to court etc, if I worked up £500 of my own debt if be fine about that.
But the fact it's a fine for something I've already been fined for.
Thanks given by:
Seriously shit news there mate, and im sure you're not the only one in this boat...

The best advice i can give is to just hang on in there, keep looking for new jobs, forget about the debt, it is only money at the end of the day, you've still got a lot more than that!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought that'd at least get a giggle. Wink

And yeah I totally understand that, but what I mean is don't dwell on it, you can't change what has happened....you've just gotta deal with it now.

Oh and a tip from me, don't burn ya bridges with the parents haha. Tongue However, give your step Dad an apology and Im sure they'd let you stay there as they can see you're struggling??
Thanks given by:
Are the parking charges the sort that come from ANPRs and everyone says not to pay?

If your old man was away on holiday and then you were and there was genuinely no way you could of got the post Id check the rules on the 6 month time limit for prosecutions and see exactly what it says as there may be a loop hole there, I know it says you have to be informed within 6 that one will take place but can you be classed as not informed.

Might be wise seeking some free legal advice, I think some solicitors do the first hour free.
Thanks given by:
Oh Dum! Glad your reading date time and reg plate are different between the s59 and summons

Summons
Reg: w979 LCD
Time 13.20
Date 11/03/12

S59
Reg: w797 LCD
Time 13.48
Date 17/03/12

Enough of a hole to poke?
Thanks given by:
Which one is correct? what is your registration?

The times can be ignored as the 1320 would be time of offence and 1348 time warning issued.

The dates could be a loop hole but IIRC they were trying to cut down on people getting off stuff from officers making tiny little errors in dates/times/registrations/names.

You never know, this whole incident could be a huge massive mistake and they are actually trying to prosecute someone else.
Thanks given by:
http://www.pepipoo.com/

Good luck, sounds like you haven't had much recently!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The correct details was

I was pulled at 13.48
Car reg is w979 LCD
And the date was 17/03/12

So they have completely cocked up, saying they pulled me 6days earlier and at a different time.
And they issued the s59 to the wrong car.

Will take a look at that Chris cheers, will probably sign up later when I have more time
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have good reason to challenge it mate.

It is 90% arseholes (I'm a member, for instance) but pistonheads has a section called Speed Plod and the Law on their forums, amongst the arseholes you will find someone knowledgeable who can help too. They will want to know every gritty detail though so that they can judge you for themselves lol.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Bad times dude, sounds a real shitter. Don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but by admitting your car is registered to your Dad's address may bring you under further scrutiny: invalid insurance, etc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This what I'm also thinking. Dad was on holiday and I stayed with a friend that week? Lol
Thanks given by:
matt, i really feel for you pal! i will have a beer for the two of us.
me and my work mates are having a right time at work! companys lost the plot, also wanting us to finsh at 10 instead of 12, but we are under staffed and over contracted on our department??? stocks going out of control due to no one in hardly to work it, the store is going thru a major refit.
so our contracts are getting looked at again so we may have to switch to another department just to keep hrs!
laugh is they have taken on staff called blue coats that show customers where stuff is, they are only temps and either stand there with a sign or walk about. fuckin 36 of them! so there is more of them than there is staff on our departments! the customers think the blue coats are a waste of space as the blue coats end up asking us anyway.
why not give them fuckin propper jobs to help fill the shelves ( be a fuckin great idea!)
my manager is past her self sadly and we all feeling the pain too.
tom you gonna tell me to man the f*ck up Tongue
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2012, 08:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Man the f*ck up, nothing sorts itself out, get out there looking for a better job and somewhere to live (why not with your parents for now? if your post is there I take it they didnt kick you out or anything.)

When shit happens, if you don't sort it fairly quick, more shit happens, and then more, infact shit happens constantly, and trust me on this, you get deeper and deeper until you reach a point (which it seems you now have) where it seems like theres no way out, don't wait around for something to change, it won't, you've gotta change it ASAP before more shit happens!!

Harsh, but true, good luck with it though. Smile

You cheeky b*stard.

I'd get some legal advice Matt, you'll be able to prove that you and your dad were on holiday from booking letters and the like, and there could definitely be a loophole with that dodgy paperwork. As for the debt, have a word with Citizens Advice, they helped me out of 7 grand of debt Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Matt- one thing about the registered address.

When looking for my car insurance for the '6 this year, it worked out cheaper if the car was registered at Scott's house (2 miles up the road) than at my parents' house where I live. To the insurance guy on the phone, explained that I actually live at home and everything is registered there (car, bank, wages etc) but that in reality I spend more time at Scott's house and therefore the car is there most of the time. He told me to register it as kept at Scott's address, as when it comes to a claim etc, they look at where the car is kept the most.

So if you do come across this issue, can you say it's because you don't permanently live there, but the car is kept there most of the time at all?
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Wait... I thought Scott's 6 was parked in your drive most of the time.......?

too soon?

Giggidy

I'll get my coat
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Giggitty Giggitty, Giggitty goo!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Terrible
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
What is local to you matt?
Thanks given by:
Well I'm from Bournemouth. Work in Christchurch.
Thanks given by:
Far away from me then
Thanks given by:
Yeah haha. Pretty far.
It's Cool though I've managed to get a temporary stop gap type living.
Just need to fight against this bloody fine now!
Thanks given by:
Oh good, if you get stuck we have spare rooms so your welcome to crash if needed Smile
Thanks given by:
Right so, bit of an update

Citizens advice are a bunch of useless cocks. Didn't even know what a bloody section 59 was....
Phoned the court, had to write to them
Now have a letter sat at home, oct 15th I've got to go to have it reviewed to see of they can open my case again
And already have the 6 points on my licence When I applied for a new one, so guess I don't need to send it away?
Thanks given by:
bad luck mate. Im awaiting a parking fine from Hilton park Services as I got there at 2.30pm and left at 9.30pn so i stayed 7 hours when its 2 hours max. Some fekcing nicked my phone and I had to wait for the police to arrive and give a statement because i was leaving the county. They said if I got charged then i could forward the fine to them and they would sort it out for me. Lovely police Smile

But yeh. That is a mistake but id just say it how it is. Dont rely too much on the fact that they made an error on the reg.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 05:29 PM)SRowell Wrote: bad luck mate. Im awaiting a parking fine from Hilton park Services as I got there at 2.30pm and left at 9.30pn so i stayed 7 hours when its 2 hours max. Some fekcing nicked my phone and I had to wait for the police to arrive and give a statement because i was leaving the county. They said if I got charged then i could forward the fine to them and they would sort it out for me. Lovely police Smile

But yeh. That is a mistake but id just say it how it is. Dont rely too much on the fact that they made an error on the reg.

Dont pay that fine what ever you do!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotted Y217GBW yesterday in Aylesbury (pics and everything!) Dum-Dum 24 3,746 01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Spotted - Diablo GTI6 in Bassett yesterday Jayw 21 5,388 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Mrs puglove
  Epic Day Yesterday, Now Engaged! Dum-Dum 50 11,875 16-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Hitchos