Spanner light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanner light
Right, i left the house the other morning on the way to manchester and the car jolted and all the lights inc service light came on and didn't start for a few minutes.
The engine management light then stayed on for a while and then went off when i got to manchester, however on start up there is a spanner which comes on and '-350' flashes before disappearing, every so often this number rises, anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Service intervals. Just a countdown to the service
Doesn't effect running
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm just wondering why the number is rising, it was -200 the other day now it's -350, and i only serviced it myself last week
Thanks given by:
Did you reset the service light? Easily forgotten about buddy
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
.....oops. LOL cheers, but i'm still worried as to why the whole car jolted and all the lights came on whilst going 70 down the motorway and wouldnt start for a few mins
Thanks given by:
Nothing to do with the service light

The reason its in reaching is because its X miles overdue a service... also hence the -

As for the jolting I don't know did it stall? Were you flooring it at the time? More info
Thanks given by:
It was early so it was cold and to be honest i was flooring it just gathering speed, hit around 70 and then the car jolted and i pulled onto the hard shoulder and turned it off, the engine light came on but later that day it disappeared, guess i'll just have to get it checked at a local garage if it happens again
Thanks given by:
I was talking about the spanner and The minus figures godddd Phil
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
And I was talking about his jolting problem not being related to the spanner light issue:-) goooddd deeeecccccc
Thanks given by:
Oh my gaaaaaaaaddddddd.

It's f*cked
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the early signs of a faulty fuel pump to me! (The cutting out, not the spanner. Wink )
Thanks given by:
You're a spanner, stop scaremongering with all the noobies. :p

Could be anything in the fuel system Aaron, more often than not it turns out to be a dirty FPR. Just take it out and give it a good flush with some WD40 or something, if you're using something corrosive make sure you take the o-rings off first so you don't ruin them. And don't forget to plug the hole in the pump so it doesn't get dirt in there while the FPR is out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Forgot about this thread lol. I found it in the end, fuel filter mistake so changed it
Thanks given by:
Glad you found a solution, thanks for taking the time to update.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: