Cannot get boost past 15 psi??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get boost past 15 psi??
Hi guys,

right i own a ph1 xud and am currently trying to hit the desired 18-19 psi. Ive got a bosch pump gov modded and turned up with wax stat disconnected and lda cap spun out.

The car is fmic'd and im running a kkk turbo. Ive pretty much got the pump so if i turn the max fuel up any more the idle raises too high, i get black smoke off boost and a fair haze on full boost.

so today i gave the actuator 2.5 turns (previously had 2-3 already) and im still only getting 15 psi. I keep checking for boost leaks and can't find any. The boost gauge sits on 14-15 psi without fluctuating but i'm thinking the wastegate is stuck or something.
I did notice a reduction in haze on full blow but no raise in psi.

Has anyone else had/fixed this problem?

Is it that i just need to wind the turbo in more? How far can it go, because surely after 4.5-5.5 turns i should be seeing more of a reaction?

help much appreciated and if any body lives northwest and knows the xud inside out, i could do with a meet/some advice. cheers Steve
Thanks given by:
Wind the threaded bar in the wastegate right out, take the nut off, wind the bar all the way back in, then wind the nut on. I think whats happening is when you go to wind the threaded bar in its getting stuck on the nut as they can get stiff, so seems like its bottoming out when its not.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have the internal actuator, so ive been loosening the 8mm lock nut and winding the 2.5mm allen key in. Do you mean the lock nut is winding back in with the screw and stopping the wastegate being screwed in? therefore im essentially not changing anything?

The screw seems to wind in easily enough, not too stiff. So take the lock nut all the way off then wind the screw in?
cheers for the reply man.
Thanks given by:
Yep do exactly that, wind it to the bottom and then lock nut back on. This will effectively remove the gate from the turbo, but it will give you an idea if thats your problem.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I see, so if i have no change once the wastegate is 'removed' then thats where the problem is? Thanks for the advice, ill post results next time i can get under the car!
Thanks given by:
put a socket on the locknut to hold it still and put an allen key through it to adjust . . . . . . . .in the words of Punch and Judy "that's the way to do it" . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  past 205 owners, which box? pugtk 12 2,482 23-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy