A couple of things, need some advice!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of things, need some advice!!!
Hi all, just have a couple of things that are worrying me on my 306 and wondered if anyone can help.

1) When I accelerate hard in 1st gear sometimes I can feel something clicking through the pedal. Only happens in this gear though no other???

2) Sometimes when idling after a drive, there is a loud ticking noise that sounds as if it is coming from the engine. I press the clutch in and I stops. If I take it off sometimes this stops it others it just carries on.

Any advice with either is much appreciated.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. Possibly a worn gearbox mount causing some movement under heavy load?
2. My money is on a worn clutch release bearing, my Golf did the same thing but the clutch was fine...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ah wicked. An getting new uprated engine and gearbox mounts in the new year!

The clutch is only a year old, and doesn't make any whining noises like my mates release bearing did?
Thanks given by:
Their all different mate. I'm just guessing it's the release bearing because my Golf did the same, and because the noise goes when you put the clutch in and put pressure on the bearing Smile
Thanks given by:
My skoda does the tappy clutch thing. Turns out its because of the dual mass flywheel. Problem is you don't have a DMF so this post has no real relevance to your question. In fact, it has no real relevance to the 306 whatsoever.

Your welcome
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
How much is a release bearing and how hard to change?

Thanks Niall haha.
Thanks given by:
You might as well do the whole clutch. A clutch kit is about £80, but it's a big job, need to drop the gearbox. If it's your first clutch change, I'd leave a full weekend to do it Wink

Here's a guide from the Cornish diesel obsessive lol

http://darrenjlobb.co.uk/projects.php?subj=14
Thanks given by:
Just don't leave it too late, when mine went it shredded the gearbox and the oil had fine bits of metal in, ended up fecking the clutch too. I was quoted £150 to fix it. Should have done that as I ended up paying £700 Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
£150 is bloody cheap for a clutch change as well Sad
Thanks given by:
£150 didn't include the clutch change. Was litterally just to fix the bearing, £700 was a gearbox and clutch change
Thanks given by:
Awkward moment when app comments in wrongthread...

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I do not have the money to buy a clutch at the moment haha. Luckily my mate works for Peugeot so I will see what he can do!
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Awkward moment when app comments in wrongthread...

What comment Wink
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:

What comment Wink

So was my comment removed, it did it just not post but told me it did aha lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I scrapped a Valeo TU clutch last week!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, does sound very much like the release bearing.
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:
Matt Wrote:

What comment Wink

So was my comment removed, it did it just not post but told me it did aha lol
may have used moderator powers haha
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2021, 07:13 AM)owaisalpha Wrote: I love reading and writing as I am a writer so reading books or articles is an important part of my life and I am providing writing services for the last decade. Get professional dissertation help from UK native experts to boost your grades. We at assignment editors pro have a team of qualified experts that provide the best quality of dissertation writing services to students and academic professionals. Get free consultancy with our experts now to boost your grades.

"I am a writer"

Judging by your grammar, you learned English somewhere sandy, and I don't think it was Camber.

Go and learn the language before spamming forums.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2021, 03:17 PM)Sinbad Wrote:
(23-08-2021, 07:13 AM)owaisalpha Wrote: I love reading and writing as I am a writer so reading books or articles is an important part of my life and I am providing writing services for the last decade. Get professional dissertation help from UK native experts to boost your grades. We at assignment editors pro have a team of qualified experts that provide the best quality of dissertation writing services to students and academic professionals. Get free consultancy with our experts now to boost your grades.

"I am a writer"

Judging by your grammar, you learned English somewhere sandy, and I don't think it was Camber.

Go and learn the language before spamming forums.

The spammers are busy at the moment. Am struggling to keep up with clearing them all. Don't worry though, this one is about to be consigned to oblivion!
Thanks given by: