oem+ hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oem+ hdi
Well I've been browsing the site for a bit now so I'll update my project here too

Had it a year.. spec is:

Lowered 60 on koni springs rear to match
Gti front calipers, new brakes all round in the past few month
2.5 inch intercooler
Stage 2 map with launch control
3.5 inch hks reloaded air filter
Vortex with 15mil spacers
Immaculate half leather interior

List goes on. Replaced a lot of parts due to wear and tear. Few visual upgrades too just little touches.

Few pics

[Image: IMG_20120902_130124.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120912_120837.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120628_222727.jpg]

Plans are to keep it tidy, black masks, clean regulator and a boost controller as I haven't touched the Turbo since the stage 2 map, so if anyone knows which one I need... I'd like to run it in the cabin too

Long term I'd love to take a few dints out the bodywork, their
Not major, then go a little bit further with the power quest, hybrid turbo and r70 pump etc etc

Thanks for looking

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Looks really smart mate!! I like this alot!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Launch control? How does that work then? Looks great Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
that does look good you thought of putting the lion back on the challengers?
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good to see you on here bud looking good what's next for it?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 03:24 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Launch control? How does that work then? Looks great Smile

I think it just stops the revs at a certain limit so foot flat and itl only hit what the preset rev limit is iirc I think anti lag system should be used with this for 100% epic results !!!!
Thanks given by:
Anti lag on a diesel? Ermmm. Dunno how that works

The launch control is interesting. Some of the mappers had problems working this correctly. Did you do it yourself?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Basically only revs to 3200 in neutral so you can concentrate on the clutch. Has rev limiters in 1st and 2nd too...

Next up is like I said really, boost controller, mot is on 25th too

I prefer it without lions, i might have to buy some new and see what I think.

Hello Sam, I'm off to peak at some projects!

Cheers for the welcome

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
That's pretty cool Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just a video I found. Stage 1 with decay and panel filter

And one I took more recently

Both taken on private land

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
what spec was the second one taken at?
Thanks given by:
Stage 2 mate. Its only boosting 16psi... ideally it needs to be running around 20

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Cool. What mods have you got? Mine should be an animal once ive got it all sorted! Cant wait!!
Thanks given by:
Check the first post mate.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Just a lil update on the car.

Should be attending the rr on the 13th but before that I need a boost controller fitting. The car has ran out of mot.I got mixed up and didn't realise so its given me the chance to tidyup/clean/respray bits on the car, keep it fresh.

Had an interesting argument with my nieces fella the other night, if older cars are worth keeping over newer cars, he seems to think a seat Leon tdi or golf would be more reliable, tried to explain how much it would cost to find a winner then the vag hike on parts, so I'm going to try and list everything I've had to change on the car since I've had it. So here goes....

Heater motor
Heater control panel
Clutch cable
Crank shaft pulley
Idle tensioner
Aux belt
Power steering hydrolic ram
Drop links
Rear silencer
Rear beam mounts
Hand brake cables
Rear offside caliper
Drive shaft
Brakes all round

They're the things that I've had to change to keep the car roadworthy. Its never actually left me stranded... well not properly.

I get the car on finance its new with warranty thing, but I'm much happier in my old Peugeot. Suppose were all similar minded??

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Older cars > Newer cars.

Always has been and always will be the way.

I constantly get asked by my colleagues why I got rid of the Focus and bought a Peugeot worth half as much.

Most people just don't understand...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 08:16 AM)Arron Wrote: Just a lil update on the car.

Should be attending the rr on the 13th but before that I need a boost controller fitting. The car has ran out of mot.I got mixed up and didn't realise so its given me the chance to tidyup/clean/respray bits on the car, keep it fresh.

Had an interesting argument with my nieces fella the other night, if older cars are worth keeping over newer cars, he seems to think a seat Leon tdi or golf would be more reliable, tried to explain how much it would cost to find a winner then the vag hike on parts, so I'm going to try and list everything I've had to change on the car since I've had it. So here goes....

Heater motor
Heater control panel
Clutch cable
Crank shaft pulley
Idle tensioner
Aux belt
Power steering hydrolic ram
Drop links
Rear silencer
Rear beam mounts
Hand brake cables
Rear offside caliper
Drive shaft
Brakes all round

They're the things that I've had to change to keep the car roadworthy. Its never actually left me stranded... well not properly.

I get the car on finance its new with warranty thing, but I'm much happier in my old Peugeot. Suppose were all similar minded??

yes, some people seem to have a strange notion that new=won't break down . . . . . . . i'm more of the frame of mind, old= teething problems out of the way, amount of newish BMW's Audi's Ford's etc . . i've seem at the side of the road and i just keep trundling along in my well maintained 16 year old piece of French tin, tool box in the boot just in case . . . . . less to go wrong here old lad . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Older cars so much better wouldn't get rid of my car for a newer one never car looking good you done any mod's to exhaust??

Thanks given by:
Exactly... well were all enthusiasts here so slightly biased.. but I don't agree with the newer car is more reliable less likely to go wrong theory... plus... and I know it sounds weird but I like fixing/diagnosing faults, I fix computers for a living so its become second nature to try fix almost anything... I even fixed my washing machine a few month back...

Also for me, I do a lot of miles, my 306 won't depreciate any more now its becoming beyond that stage...where as how much would I lose out by putting 30 k on a 5 year old Leon in a couple of years...
I'll stop harping...
Just uploading a few pics of some bits I've sprayed

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20120921_112516.jpg]

Masked side repeaters

I've also sprayed the inside door handle surrounds moonstone... Ill grab a pic soon

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Not very OEM with the big IC hanging out the front and the 17's but looks smart, prob one on the nicest manstains iv seen, so far and the engine work is pretty epic/different Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Aye the ic definately goes against the OEM+ theme but I just had to do it...

Cheers mate...

The cars booked in for mot on Tuesday so expect a breaking thread by 1pm...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Why don't you spray the ic matt black? That way it will blend into the grille and still look OEM.

Car is real nice though dude wish I had the time to stage 2 mine! Still think the rims would look better silver tho!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I could chris but I doubt it will hold up to stone chips too well

Well it failed mot. Two things, anti roll bar excessive play (I think) and incorrect headlight beam pattern. Quite impressed actually I thought it would fail on loads of things

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
It now has a full years mot... missed the torque driving the other half's 1.4 206 since last thursday

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
looking nice arron.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hey up padge cheers hope the Audi's treating you well.. looks lush

So I've managed to up the boost to 20 so obviously the clutch would slip. Its not that bad, it did this before when I put the stage 1 map on then 'bedded' itself back in.

It definately goes better with slightly less smoke. Using ulyesse speedometer on my private road I got to 60 in 7.8. No launch control and a poor start as I didn't start in a straight line

So all in all good and bad news

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Needs bigger brakes behind those huge wheels Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Hello mate... the gti setup with master cylinder feel good but feel free to donate some 302s Smile

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Haha is that the gti setup on there? They actually look tiny....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: