oem+ hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oem+ hdi
Fitted some mtx crossovers and tweeters along with an alpine deck... forgot the model but the face tilts.... I'll get some pics later... amazing sound quality... the deck has a separate equalizer just for the crossovers and the pre-outs are 4.5v.. really happy considering I'm running standard speakers

Quick pic

[Image: IMG_20130203_170525.jpg]

Used the backs of covers that were for manual mirrors so the tweeter would sit at an angle without too much work.

Plan on sound deadening the car soon too following the forum guide

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Few minor updates

Managed to get some rear headrests thanks to Karl, also done a tidy job of drilling the centre console pocket to thread an aux cable in for the Alpine. Also purchased a air filter refill for the hks from tegiwa, due an oil change now, is there any oil out there that's recomended, seen as its on 156k and running stage 2 I'd imagine I'd need oil that's slightly...
Slurpy and thicker than millers xfs?

The clutch is finally coming, will be with AP tomorrow and me Wednesday so just trying to make plans to book it in early next week. The meyle HD drop links are due soon so could possibly get them on at the same time, already got new tie rods track rods and a crank pulley to be done at same time..

Also i had accelerator cable troubles last week resulting in a new cable fitted.. the kit was universal but its very easy to cut down and thread thru the bulkhead if two people are on job.

Pics soon, any advice on oil grade or brands would be appreciated

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Most people say OEM is always a good place to start, But Darren and Ruan swear by Gulf Competition, i think its 10w 40 in a hdi but im not definite :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
TRIPLE QX Engine Oil (5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil 5Ltr) £17.10 ;D

Think I saw you the other day parked up around the corner from me?
Give us a shout when you plan on sound proofing since starting to think mine could do with it for the motorway journeys
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Check CarParts4Less / ECP / Opie Oils for a good deal on oil, any old 5-40 will do, just get a decent brand.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads. I can get 5 liters of millers xfs 5w 40 very cheap so wondering if that would be fine, I know its a good oil but it looks slightly runny, thought diesels needed something thicker.

Steve that was me I had a job on in a building there. I'll give you a shout when I come to deadening it, hows the car running

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Ahh fair does,
Shes running sweet, Just need to bring myself to stage 2 ing her since ive given up on the 205 after a mix of seeing the safety vids/cant find decent shell/no time for it all
Is the cutting out sorted on yours now then?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
5/10w-40 is fine, semi or fully synth is what you want, preferably a decent ester synthetic, but you'll pay for that. If you go for semi-synth, make sure it's actually worth buying first, some of them are barely different to mineral oil.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Steve - It hasn't cut out since we did the fuel filter ... actually i lie it cut out needing diesel once but I always stay above quarter tank as I'm sure the issue was fuel level related although I have drove 20 miles with the light on and it didn't cut out... weird. And I doubt any hatchback pug pre the 207/307 would really hold well in a crash.... not sure I'd watch the 306 video...

Cheers poodle... aye Esther synthetic is a tad pricey like the fuchs titan pro s...Think I'll get the millers xfs I've been offered cheap.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Just a pic to show how I've routed the ic as I've been asked to take a few more pics

[Image: IMG_20130212_125346.jpg]

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Whore......! Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 06:28 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Whore......! Big Grin

Of course!! Me proud of that!!! It took Blood sweat and tears to fit that!! And finally the cloootch arrived

[Image: IMG_20130214_120756.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130214_120738.jpg]

Goes in next tuesday for fitting. In the meantime I'll be getting my map modified for 300lbs/ft to put on once its bedded in and adjusting wastegate for around 22psi.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
nice mate, she should pull very well once it's done!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What did the clutch cost you arron
My stage 2 Hdi has started slipping been running the cg paddle which has clocked nearly 40k and been abused. Got a helix in the other Hdi but I don't like the bite of it feels too low
Let me know what it's like thanks raz
Thanks given by:
I hope so! Feels like I've had that many niggles since stage 2 I haven't really felt the full benefits

It cost £245 just for the paddle plate. bought a sachs berlingo HDI clutch for the cover and bearing for £160. the berlingo plate spare if anyone wants it.

I'll let you know once its on raz I'll pop to batley if your up. Need some bits from u anyway..

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Hope the clutch works well for you mate, will be keeping an eye on it as I'll be in the market for one in a few months.
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Raz, if the bite is too low, remove the spring from the clutch pedal.
Thanks given by:
Clutch feels really good tbh... real light...already feels to have bedded in.

Really snatchy tho, going to turn the boost up a lil when I change oil. I'm at around 20 now, anyone think 24psi will be safe??

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yey, about time! Time to turn up that booooost....!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
May aswell... should really fit a boost controller

Took some pics whilst on my drive out bedding clutch in.

[Image: IMG_20130219_164123.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130219_164244.jpg]

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
That looks nice chap, good effort.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
looking good with the challengers.
Thanks given by:
looking really good, every time i look at this i think i wish i still had my moonstone Sad lol carnt wait to see what it goes like with 300ftlbs

Thanks given by:
Cheers chaps. Its nearly where I want it now. Its hard to tell but the front and rear badges and the fuel cap cover plastics are anthracite,i want the wheels the same colour

Chris - the car pulls quite well now, but it cut twice last night, I think when it goes below quarter tank it does it, I'm on half a tank now and I've just give it some really aggressive 30 - 70s and it was fine. So not sure about more fuel just yet, but I think more boost definitely!! And a oil and air filter change

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:14 PM)Arron Wrote: Cheers chaps. Its nearly where I want it now. Its hard to tell but the front and rear badges and the fuel cap cover plastics are anthracite,i want the wheels the same colour

Chris - the car pulls quite well now, but it cut twice last night, I think when it goes below quarter tank it does it, I'm on half a tank now and I've just give it some really aggressive 30 - 70s and it was fine. So not sure about more fuel just yet, but I think more boost definitely!! And a oil and air filter change

get some vids up when you can wana see what it gose like Smile

Thanks given by:
Are you still on your standard turbo? Are you planning on replacing it in the near future? If not, i'd be wary of turning up the boost much; the heads don't like back pressure and the turbo doesn't like the heat, plus you'll be boosting way out of it's efficiency range and cooking the intake charge.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have you tried the lauch control yet?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 04:57 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Raz, if the bite is too low, remove the spring from the clutch pedal.

I have already got rid of it but its still the same so was my mates car who has the same helix as mine

Prefer the standard feel of my other Hdi,s cg paddle clutch tbh
Will be going with the Sachs clutch like arrons once the cg completely dies
Thanks given by:
It is the standard Turbo. It seems to peak at 20 initially then drop off thru the revs naturally as its a baby blower , not much but This map was made for 22psi on a gt15, just want to keep the boost a bit higher for longer and hopefully some more torque lower down the revs.

(20-02-2013, 10:31 PM)sam Wrote: Have you tried the lauch control yet?

Actually I have and failed, the tires just lit up in 1st and second.. there's an art to it i just need to practice, I'll have to get some vids at one point.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Just had it rolled

246lbs/ft
141bhp

Graph to follow... I'm only running 18.4 psi too not 20

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by: