xud help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud help
The car is idling rough, white smoke, thought the problem was injectors but have different ones in now and the problem is always with the 4th one (far right) no matter if i put a working one in. Any ideas? Need this sorted asap..
Thanks given by:
Does it idle okay (albeit on 3 cylinders...) when you take the fourth injector out then? Smoke stop? If so then you either have a problem with the distributor head on the pump, injector seat (both unlikely) or some kind of cylinder/hg problem which is causing low compression.

Is it defiantly white smoke and not steam?
Thanks given by:
It idles bad, i loosen the nut on the top of the first 3 injectors and it gets worse, when i loosen the nut on the last one there is no difference.. Someone mentioned valve clearances to me?

Also i dont think its hg..
Thanks given by:
i would say distributer head on the pump
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Just read this thread from flynn.. He had the same problem.. Only mine is worse than his in the video

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/vi...=4&t=40780
Thanks given by:
Get a compression test done and go from there mate
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Thanks fellas.. So if its low on compression whats the damage on my pockets? lol Or will i not think about that till after the test?
Thanks given by:
Got someone to have a look he said the valves are too tight, dirt got into the engine

Whats the cheapest way out of this if dirt had got in and f*cked everything up?
Thanks given by:
ran with no air filter for a few months.. Fixable or new engine time?

ran with no air filter for a few months.. Fixable or new engine time?
Thanks given by:
If its not fuel related, then it could be something gashed the bores slightly causing drop in compression, does the misfire go away when you rev the engine. Does you coolant pressurise really badly.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah dave the misfire goes away but still a bit of white smoke, the car doesn't feel down on power either, nope coolant is all good!

yeah dave the misfire goes away but still a bit of white smoke, the car doesn't feel down on power either, nope coolant is all good!
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt worry about it if your not pressurising coolant lol, if it was head gasket then you would be pressurising coolant. If its a scored bore then f*ck all you can do unless you wanna pull the head, pull the rods/pistons and re-hone. It may not even be a drop in compression though, it could just be a really shitty coincidence with the injectors, or a leaky fireseal, or even a leaky injection line, or maybe even a bit of shit worked its way through the pump to the distributor head or maybe even past that to the delivery valve.... and then all this could be happening to each of the injectors that you test with a little bit more shit working its way through.... endless possibilities.......

Does this stop happening after a long old drive by any chance?
Thanks given by:
it used to clear up after a drive now its not so i have to sort it ha, its very bad on idle now, had a fella over to look at it, he reckons because ive been running with no air filter this last month or so its sucked up dirt and its got through the engine, he checked the valve clearences and said there too tight.. Does that sound right?
Thanks given by:
erm if anything they should be slightly looser, but being tight could explain a misfire as one of your valves on no.1 cylinder may not be closing properly. Get the clearances sorted it may fix the issue.
Thanks given by:
thanks dave ill let you know how it goes :-) or doesn't go ha
Thanks given by:
out of interest, how did he check clearences with head still on?
Thanks given by:
Rocker cover off? Feeler gauges in...
Thanks given by:
yeah thats right.. Checking compression now..

what should it read in bar?
Thanks given by:
Its not compression, rechecked valve clearances and there ok too

Next is getting the other set of injectors i have checked then the pump checked
Thanks given by: