Nerds opinions please?? *RAZER*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerds opinions please?? *RAZER*
Right so I'm an avid PC gamer love it so much BUT I'm on the road all the time and away in hotels due to work so I can't really lug my CM 690 II around with me..

I'm in love with this but I don't know if it's worth it..

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

Now I know it's a lot of money but the main thing I want is portability and this surely is!!

I'm not looking at max FPS but the GTX 660m with SSD should handle most stuff should it?

I don't need a disk drive so that doesn't bother me.. And I love the trackpad/2nd screen idea Big Grin

... So am I being a twat for thinking of buying this??
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
They are pretty nice but they're bloody expensive for what you're getting. A GTX 660 is a pretty capable card (I'm about to buy a 670), and with 8GB of RAM and the SSD (though 64GB is pretty damn small considering you can get a 256GB SSD for around £130) should help. I'm not sure on the clock speed of the I7 but should be sufficient.

They look awesome but I wouldn't pay that kind of price tag for one.
Thanks given by:
I love how Scott is the first one to post.

'Nerds opinions'
Thanks given by:
Tbh I saw 'nerd opinions' and read it more like 'FAO Scott'.
Thanks given by:
+1 for self banter!!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 07:19 PM)Scott Wrote: Tbh I saw 'nerd opinions' and read it more like 'FAO Scott'.

Lol made me laugh
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its only around £1.5k.

Although a lot of money, performance laptops do cost. I don't have the time at the moment to compare. Ideally i'd want much more in-depth specs on the specific CPU and ram timings for that sorta dosh.

If you're looking at a performance laptop, make sure you are getting the best value for money possible. Take a look around at other comparable models, Dell XPS, ailenware (if you feel brave) some of the new ultrabooks are quite nippy too.

Regards

Adam
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
If it's retailing at that price then it's not much different to shelling out for a 15inch MBP, though with this you get a larger screen, more RAM, better graphics card (though probably the same i7 processor) and that fancy screen and configurable buttons on the keyboard. The Razer looks pretty damn good. I guess the build quality is a pretty big factor, as well as customer/after-sales service.
Thanks given by:
The i7 processor hasn't been listed because apparently it hasn't been released yet, they are in talks of having a specially modified i7 to run with this..

Thanks fooby

I've looked at so many lappys now lol alienware,origin,Asus,clevo,qoismio,samsung,hp,

They're all sooo bulky compared..

And Scott yes, When you compare it to a 'macbook pro with a ridiculously long name retina display' it seems justifiable...

Ram Is 1,600 mhz

I think that when windows 8 is launched the 'touchpad' will have features related.to that which should be awesome.. I thinking I'm selling it to myself LOL

I just wanna play borderlands 2 and mass effect 3 on it..

(10-09-2012, 07:19 PM)Scott Wrote: Tbh I saw 'nerd opinions' and read it more like 'FAO Scott'.

Seeing as you are a 'nerd' this might appeal to you...

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

The YouTube video looks pretty good

Thanks given by:
windows 8 is for touch-screen monitors. not the touch-screen that comes with the keyboard. Simple fact. Windows 8 wont make any difference on that.

About the ram, yes i saw it was 1600mhz DDR3. I was talking more of the CAS timings and voltages as well as manufacturer.

They have also recently released the Razor keyboard (with that screen that laptop has) i'm very tempted because its clearly win but very expensive.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 10:22 PM)Fooby Wrote: windows 8 is for touch-screen monitors. not the touch-screen that comes with the keyboard. Simple fact. Windows 8 wont make any difference on that.

About the ram, yes i saw it was 1600mhz DDR3. I was talking more of the CAS timings and voltages as well as manufacturer.

They have also recently released the Razor keyboard (with that screen that laptop has) i'm very tempted because its clearly win but very expensive.

Yeah I wanted to know which manufacturer it was as well.. Wouldn't mind corsair
That touchscreen is the trackpad on it..
I meant with regards to some manufacturers starting to use the new gestures that windows 8 uses but can't do on current trackpads.. I'm sure it's something to do with synaptics updates coming out for future notebooks which I was saying I have a feeling might work with this, im sure they create there own drivers for the trackpads/keyboard..

I saw the keyboard as well.. I'm sure it's around £100-£120?

This one.. http://www.razerzone.com/switchblade-ui/apps

Yummy keyboard!!

Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 10:27 PM)kyleo92 Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 10:22 PM)Fooby Wrote: windows 8 is for touch-screen monitors. not the touch-screen that comes with the keyboard. Simple fact. Windows 8 wont make any difference on that.

I meant with regards to some manufacturers starting to use the new gestures that windows 8 uses but can't do on current trackpads.. I'm sure it's something to do with synaptics updates coming out for future notebooks which I was saying I have a feeling might work with this, im sure they create there own drivers for the trackpads/keyboard..

Oh yeah, gestures. interesting point, I guess that could be a possible feature. Be interesting to see how that plays out to be honest

With a laptop that high spec/price i'd be hoping the manufacturer is decent. But its more about the quality of memory they put in there.

yeah the keybord is lush:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/razer-announces...eadphones/

It is £229 though... which for a keyboard is fooking lot of money Sad

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store/raz...r-ultimate

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 10:41 PM)Fooby Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 10:27 PM)kyleo92 Wrote:

Oh yeah, gestures. interesting point, I guess that could be a possible feature. Be interesting to see how that plays out to be honest

With a laptop that high spec/price i'd be hoping the manufacturer is decent. But its more about the quality of memory they put in there.

yeah the keybord is lush:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/razer-announces...eadphones/

It is £229 though... which for a keyboard is fooking lot of money Sad

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store/raz...r-ultimate

OMFG!! That's a lot for a keyboard... Guess we've found the Apple of the gaming world Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GFX Card Upgrade - FAO Nerds. silverzx 20 3,242 03-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  RC Nerds Jenkosowls 11 2,820 25-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: pugjohn306
  Just a bunch of nerds 4WayDiablo 22 9,043 03-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Connor