Leccy rear windows into non Leccy ones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leccy rear windows into non Leccy ones
I've got a meridian do it car that has electric rear windows and I really want them in my hdi which first have them the card are th saw olive so just wondering if changing the doors over would be a good idea but then I thought is all the wiring in place and if so how do I go about fitting it all I.e fuses etc ?? Just wondering if anyone has any know how with what to do ?? Bearing in mind in ass with electrics :-(
Thanks given by:
Mine had the plugs needed in the centre console where the rear window switches goes... then i just drilled the motors out of the old doors and rivited them into my new doors and swapped the bottom half of the doorcards over as they were different patterns... Was really easy on mine... plug and play as they say!
Thanks given by:
Take the wiring and motors in the doors out of the donor car. Then fit them into your car. If you pop open the panel at the back of the centre console you'll see the electrics are already there Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like I said the doors are from a car the same colour could I just swap the doors over ?? Then thread the wiring under the carpet or something to the panel ?? not sure where the wiring runs from the door to the console ?
Thanks given by:
I think I've Sussed that the wiring runs through the same loom a the central locking so like u said kat pig in the switches and changer the door over and boom game on !!
Thanks given by:
you will need the switches from the middle of the car between the seats, the window immobiliser button from the right of the dash and then just swap the motors and stuff out. I have the motors and runners for sale btw Wink
Thanks given by:
I have all the parts chief sat on the donor car :-) gunna do it tomoz only issue I haven't thought about is do I have to rewire the window immobiliser button in or are the Electrics there ready ?? And do I need to add any fuses to the fusebox or do I really need the rear window immobiliser key switch thingy ??
Thanks given by:
Ok so doors have been changed over central locking works but the Leccy windows don't so is there fuse I have to put in somewhere ??
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Windows Cabrio pitpol 0 944 20-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: pitpol
  Rear Electric windows LewisG 5 1,648 29-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Rear electric windows Willo 15 4,762 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Last Post: lozz