Knackered turbo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knackered turbo?
I thought it was time to change the gasket on the inlet elbow today as it was leaking and getting worse.

Didn't seem like a tough job to do however it appears after fitting everything back together the car has developed a weird noise.

No bits left over and most of the gasket retrieved as there was a little bit left around the studs on the inlet however this was removed with old credit card and some spirits.

Any idea whats causing it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxmHFsmvgs4

Seems to sound like the turbo (leak?) I feel like such a dunce.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a bird is trapped in the intake, it's a common problem. I know of an old lady who had a similar problem but it was with a fly. I reccomend putting a cat down there down there to catch the bird...

But seriously, have you made sure all the nuts etc are tightened up and the egr gasket is on properly? How about the jubilee clip attaching the inlet to the pipes is that tight?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem I used a bit of silicon with the gasket and done the job very well and no oil pushing out and stopped the noise, but yea make sure u do them nuts up tight.
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Definately a budgie stuck in there...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
gasket's leaking. take it out, instant gasket both sides, let it dry and slam it back in.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 11:35 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: let it dry and slam it back in.

giggitty.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Massive boost leak Wink

Thanks guys was going mental then just pulled it apart and used some sealant and slowly checked it was sitting flush this time.

Throttle response is much better compared to old and seems to sit at low rpm's easier.
Thanks given by:
Think this is what's happening to mine Confused not joking sounds like a supercharger/wistle noise when the revs pick up? But only when driving not stood still revving? Any ideas?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
You've got an XUD, right? I'd check the D seal, and all your pipework for leaks.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Milkmans got a xantia fannymold so wont be a D-seal, more than likely gasket so ash do as Jonny said instant gasket both side let dry and fit
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On steves this was the egr gasket, just sos you know. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Would it be best just doing it whe turbos being done cj? And my egr has been blanked off
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knackered crank pulley? underground375 4 1,028 19-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Last Post: underground375