smoked front lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smoked front lights
Was just wondering if you smoke your headlights so there blacked out is it legal as long as you can see through? Seen some light smoked but I wanna go black!!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Tintin the front lights is illegal i would think, as it dims down your lights, just looked around on google an found this by lamin-x some tint company:

Our coloured/tinted headlamp protection films may not be legal for road use on primary lighting in your country. An off-road use disclosure is hereby declared. Please check your local laws before application if you have concerns. Installation of our tinted protection film on your primary lights is done so at your own risk.
The law/Mot hand book within the UK states that front primary lighting must produce a White or Yellow light. There is no documentation about the colour of the actual lens.

Our Clear/SubtleTint/GunSmoke/OpticBlue light protection films all produce a legal natural light colour, and our Yellow produces a Yellow tinted light which is of course legal within the UK.

None of our light protection films change/adjust the beam pattern or cause insufficient light output.

Hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
Fly-Eyes is legal I think.
Thanks given by:
Plenty if the VAG lot run without on with out issue
Thanks given by:
There's a dude on here with a slammed China estate, he used a one way paint that he got from the states. They look black as, but still let light thru. Not cheap tho apparently.

As far as the UK law goes, front facing lamps have to be either yellow or white. Not sure how that stands you with blacked out lights, guess it depends what colour the light is when it shines through.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
You on about that blue estate sam?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, that China estate. Was at pugfest, forget his username tho

Thanks given by:
PEO2_KHG i believe.. that stuff wasn't that great, you could barely see his head lights lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lamin-X is your best bet! Looks much darker and cleaner than flyeyes, is pricer, but tiss legal! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 11:38 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: PEO2_KHG i believe.. that stuff wasn't that great, you could barely see his head lights lol

That's the one. Ah right, nevermind then lol

Thanks given by:
I think I saw that estate the other day, was driving around Orpington when I saw it. Has it got a 3 inch pipe on the backbox?

It wasn't hanging around, although I couldn't do much because of the speedbumps lol
Thanks given by:
Was it, on the floor, blacked out windows and white wheels?

Thanks given by:
Nope, must be a different one.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 10:57 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Fly-Eyes is legal I think.

This. Get fly eyes!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair. Think he's up north anyway...

Thanks given by:
Never had my lights mentioned by the police, been stopped a few times since ive had them done. Cant comment for police in your area though, its matt black light film ive got on mine and the dark black on the rear. It does dim your lights alot but not un useable i do quite a bit of driving in lanes at night and theyre not that bad, some 60 or 90% brighter bulbs should conpensate for most of the brightness you loose. The vinyl is £3 a roll from ebay so no major loss if you do have to remove it.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So yours aren't sprayed? Hmm, who is that then?

Thanks given by:
Think I'm just gonna get a spare pair from scrappers and paint them and see how it looks, maybe use and keep normal ones in boot if I get pulled?
Thanks given by:
Having spares means you cant act innocent, your admiting to knowing that your braking the law. However...
[Image: 3E07EFD5-FB7E-453A-8138-6ED9A7C834E8-759...28AF45.jpg]

Dvla i think this was. The intensity and size of illuminated area both say no requirements. So aslong as it doesnt effect the beam pattern then your fine.
Thanks given by:
Iv got a set of gloss black head light protecters if you want to buy them Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Got a pic of them pug? And I'll just say I'm unsure weather they was legal or not so untill something was mentioned I thought it was fine?
Thanks given by:
Blue estate dude... You said you drive with full beam all the time cause you can't see otherwise...
Thanks given by:
I can, buts it just makes it easier, only got plus 60 bulbs atm just cant be bothered to by the 90 bulbs
Thanks given by:
just get HIDs

/canofworms

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 06:21 PM)the milkman Wrote: Got a pic of them pug? And I'll just say I'm unsure weather they was legal or not so untill something was mentioned I thought it was fine?

I got some pics of them on my old car i will post it when im get on thelap top.

Thanks given by:
Okay yea thanks
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG00274-20101212-1542.jpg]

[Image: IMG00276-20101212-1542.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Only problem is pug that I'm on a phase 1 Sad won't fit over will they
Thanks given by:
No they won't. oh well worth a try i supose lol
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
how much for those headlight protectors mate?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: