11mm pump conversion completed running and has now broke down!!! HELP!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11mm pump conversion completed running and has now broke down!!! HELP!!
Ok guys so I've just finished my 11mm conversion had it running sweet, idling smooth etc and basically I booted it in first let off and the car just died, it turns over and smokes etc but just won't fire, any one got any ideas? Thanks
Thanks given by:
belt slipped a tooth?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Check Stop solenoid could have failed easy to check simple things rather than timing, but would fire if jumped a tooth but would run shite i think, crack injectors off and turn over see if fuel is coming out
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you got the anti-stall spring back in?, im assuming you've wound your fuelling down because your now running 11mm... you may need to wind that up a tad.

This happened to me during my mot... Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I drove it for about 3 miles and it was fine :S how do I go about checking the stop solenoid? Thanks
Thanks given by:
What can happen is, when you go from high revs, to foot lifted, the govnor cant react quick enough and it stalls, then its an absolute BITCH to start. If you have smoke you have fuel, it wont be your stop solenoid. Does it sound like its making compression? You could well have slipped a tooth, or something could have some loose in the pump. Did you govmod it? You know where you put the govnor back in the control arm slot, did you twist the shaft running down the centre of the govnor so it couldnt jump out?

Edit: Scratch that, you wouldnt have smoke/fuel then...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Follow dave as he knows a lot more than me Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeh it sounds like it's making compression and it's a pre made 11mm its been on another engine with no problems wat so ever
Thanks given by:
Well ive had this on a stock engine and the belt snapped have you checked belt intact? to check the solenoid losen few injector lines off and crank over if diesel comes out not solenoid
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 12:39 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Well ive had this on a stock engine and the belt snapped have you checked belt intact? to check the solenoid losen few injector lines off and crank over if diesel comes out not solenoid
On mate I'll try that first thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  11mm pump build EngineEngineer 4 2,993 21-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Car broke down on way to work this morning. Gearbox issue. Spoonaltap 2 1,423 02-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap
  Squeezing more power out of an already maxed out 11mm bosch pump Paul_13 28 7,152 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Paul_13