Juddering under breaking/creaking under slow driving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juddering under breaking/creaking under slow driving
As title, iv got a strange judder under breaking, not all the time, it's wen u break just a lil harder than normal and not gently or really hard but do not get the juddering throw the break pedal, just the steering wheel :-S also have noticed wen I'm driving slow ther seems 2 b a creaking noise from the front end, would theses problems b related? Anyway I'm not very mechanically minded so would appreciate any help with this problem, al I can think it is, is engine mount or top mounts
Thanx people
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a warped disc to me !

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 07:43 AM)puglove Wrote: Sounds like a warped disc to me !

This!
Thanks given by:
Yer I thought that @ first but wouldn't I feel it through the pedal? Can only feel it through the steering wheel
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt of thought u would be able to feel it through the pedal. For the sake of £20 id change them.

Thanks given by:
Thing is they arnt standard, ther drilled and groved all road, previous owner had put them on not that long b4 I bought the car so don't wana b forking out on brand new breaks when they r brand new lol if I can't find out what els it mayb then il change um but last resort n al that lol anyway any1 kno what the creakin noise mite b? Really bugs me wen I pull off my driveway in the morning
Thanks given by:
Just a quick update, tried sutin out this morning, breaking with it still in gear (not depressing the clutch) and its fine, no juddering, but if I break while changing gear it judders! Would that b engine mount? Thank u peps
Thanks given by:
Mods - suspension/braking section, no?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Is this what u mean mate?
GTi6 283mm drilled and grooved front breaks,
Drilled and grooved rear breaks,
60mm lowering springs with Bilstein shocks and adjustable drop links,
Rear torsion bar lowered to match with Bilstein shocks,
20mm Wolfrace hub centric spacers,
Jacked the front end up this evening n had a quick look @ the disks, coudnt feel warped disks when spinning the wheel, no movement from wheel ie, tried pullin and pushin it but ther is a lot of movement from the engine, pos engine mount? Drivers side looks alright but not sure wher the other one is?
Hopefully will have the time 2 have a closer look @ the calipers/pads this weekend just 2 eliminate them from the list of things it could b, then I'm thinking a proper look @ the bushes and engine mount n hopefully il find the problem
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, no mate that was a request for the forum mods to move this thread to the suspension and braking section.

Mine's got this problem at the moment, incidentally, but i haven't solved it yet. It's either a warped disc or knackered engine mounts. And just so you know, cheap drilled discs are known for warping/cracking easily.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What poodle said about cheap drilled and grooved.

Also have you checked for play in the drive shafts?

Thanks given by:
Fail! lol was half asleep wen I read it, only put it in this section as thought it was engine mount 2 begin with,
Spot on lads, like I said I'm guna hav a proper look this weekend n hopefully sort it out
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  slow hdi tysonbully2k12 10 3,259 06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Last Post: tysonbully2k12
  306 feels slow. tysonbully2k12 22 5,474 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Whining very slow hdi... Tom 28 6,215 05-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle