Help - Car tried to paint itself black...........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Car tried to paint itself black...........
The grill should fit fine, might just need to trim some plastic off the back of it. Just measured the turbo btw, its 48mm diameter Smile and nope not working until next tuesday Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol @ the new strapline lol
Thanks given by:
must admit the cooler is overkill lol the piping was what we had at hand at the time apart from the cooler silicones which we had to buy
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:That's a bit of a defeatist attitude, where's the fun in that?! Big Grin tbf its the way the fmic pipes are routed and the angle of the pipe which makes it keep blowing, new bit of silicone pipe in the right diameter/angle should sort it out.

Its only and iccle T2 lol I can't comment on boost pressures in general though ninja

i read it as replace the standard ones not FMIC pipes, thats all part of the fun but seriously, bead the pipes Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
pipes were grooved with a grinder where i could, once it all settled it was fine at 22 psi
Thanks given by:
Oh dear! Well hopefully it will be all sorted today
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:How the fornicating do the wheels flick anything up onto the back window? O.o

I just assumed the turning action of the wheels kinda gave the 'shit' some centrifugal force and it flicked off the wheels and back up onto the window............same as hitting a puddle at the side and it covers the front window (no idea how the hell can that happen either lol). And the 'road splash' on the rear window is worse on the golf than the 306 (assumed cos the 306 was lower, the water hit the arches instead of flicking out the back) and was considering getting mudflaps to solve the problem............but that clearly wont work then.

Also Scott, I'm not really sure what it is that makes it hard to read for me, but as said, I get the same problem on mkiv's as well.
Thanks given by:
The water doesn't get sprayed directly onto the car, it hits the arches as you so rightly said, but what doesn't hit the arches gets thrown into the airflow which directs it onto the car
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just to summarise, the pipes in question are 'beaded', as such. and T2 or no T2, 25psi is still quicker than 20psi on the same setup lol And Stevie, it was fine before the turbo change, but when I refitted the little 90* coming off the turbo it wouldnt seat properly and I thibk the jubilee was past its best as it kept slipping. Mowles gt a new silicone pipe now which we'l fit later, should be ready to rock and roll then 8-)
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:The water doesn't get sprayed directly onto the car, it hits the arches as you so rightly said, but what doesn't hit the arches gets thrown into the airflow which directs it onto the car

Hmm.....so to stop the stuff hiting the back window I'd have to change the airflow..................rear splitter perhaps........ :point:
Thanks given by:
If you could stop that happening, im sure mclaren or red bull would be very eager to talk to you...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Just to summarise, the pipes in question are 'beaded', as such. and T2 or no T2, 25psi is still quicker than 20psi on the same setup lol And Stevie, it was fine before the turbo change, but when I refitted the little 90* coming off the turbo it wouldnt seat properly and I thibk the jubilee was past its best as it kept slipping. Mowles gt a new silicone pipe now which we'l fit later, should be ready to rock and roll then 8-)

It's quicker until the turbo pops again due to the heat, then the back of the car ends up all black and covered in oil Tongue

I'd that's the case I would be more inclined to blame the jubilee clip than the silicone hose but either way I hope you get it sorted Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Just to summarise, the pipes in question are 'beaded', as such. and T2 or no T2, 25psi is still quicker than 20psi on the same setup lol And Stevie, it was fine before the turbo change, but when I refitted the little 90* coming off the turbo it wouldnt seat properly and I thibk the jubilee was past its best as it kept slipping. Mowles gt a new silicone pipe now which we'l fit later, should be ready to rock and roll then 8-)

It's quicker until the turbo pops again due to the heat, then the back of the car ends up all black and covered in oil Tongue

I'd that's the case I would be more inclined to blame the jubilee clip than the silicone hose but either way I hope you get it sorted Wink

Meh, 25psi on a T2 is hardly pushing the limits is it? lol And tbh is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, the rubber pipe was to big and a bad fit, and then trying to hold it on with a shite jubilee just didnt help.
Thanks given by:
It's maybe a little bit out of its efficiency range, lol

Also, duct tape would have fixed it no problem
lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Also Scott, I'm not really sure what it is that makes it hard to read for me, but as said, I get the same problem on mkiv's as well.
I didn't realise this as it looked fine on my screen, but the text wasn't black, and also apparently the background for posts is darker than I thought to so that could be it. Either easy, I've changed text to black now, and will be sorting out colours a but better to make it easier to read for everyone Smile
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Also Scott, I'm not really sure what it is that makes it hard to read for me, but as said, I get the same problem on mkiv's as well.
I didn't realise this as it looked fine on my screen, but the text wasn't black, and also apparently the background for posts is darker than I thought to so that could be it. Either easy, I've changed text to black now, and will be sorting out colours a but better to make it easier to read for everyone Smile

Cool, I'm glad the staff take note of peoples forum issues and sort them asap over here....... lol

Not sure if its a problem for anyone else but I think the post seperation could be a bit more visible, as the posts sort of all run in together a bit (hence me missing posts lol), if the line was darker and thicker between them I think it would help. Just a suggestion. Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, we do what we can Smile

I'll give that a go in a bit when I'm doing a few other things, I'm sure we can figure something out.
Thanks given by: