hdi exhaust, tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi exhaust, tuning
Just wandered as i have removed the cat and middle box,
If i used the middle box as back box will the back pressure be affected??.

I had a 406 2.1td and my friend tweeked the turbo a little bit improve boost
is it possible on the hdi lump?.

Is there a good company to for a remap?.

Can i use a 406 intercooler?.

Sorey for all the questions.Blush
Thanks given by:
f*ck back pressure, that's for pussy fuel lol on a derv you just want to get rid of the exhaust asap
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: D09D6F9F-29DB-4EEF-9767-649F53E83571-170...0D4BFD.jpg]

No boxes atall FTW
Thanks given by:
No boxes and side exit FTW Smile

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
^^^ trudat.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 09:05 PM)Connor Wrote: f*ck back pressure, that's for pussy fuel lol on a derv you just want to get rid of the exhaust asap

It's actually down to the turbo, turbo engines go better the less back-pressure you have. Less restrictive exhaust will mean quicker spool, better maintaining of boost at higher revs, generally more responsive, etc.

Bear in mind that you need one box in the system for it to be legal, although you don't need the cat.

Swapping the back box for the middle box will affect the back-pressure - it'll reduce it as the midbox is about as unrestrictive as they come.

For a remap you want to talk to MrWhippy, pro_steve or TB206HDi.

You can tweak the turbo a bit, but it's not recommended before you get an intercooler. These engines have quite small turbos from the factory, so increasing boost will also be running the turbo past it's peak efficiency and cooking your intake charge, which will cost you most of the power you will have gained from upping the boost.

You could use the 406 intercooler, but for the amount of effort you've got to put in, you may as well do it properly. Have a look in the HDi, guide and project sections for ideas on how you can go about fitting a front-mount intercooler.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks guys for all you comments. I am looking in to getting front mounted intercooler and remap.
Im not tweek turbo as i have heard some stories

as for the exhaust the one and only box i have will b going
once i fitted rear axle and towbar (i have a small trailer and trailer tent).

I will have to see how far the suspension drops when towing trailer tent as i do want to
lower mine.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 04:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: Bear in mind that you need one box in the system for it to be legal, although you don't need the cat. (ie if you take the last box out of your system it will be illegal, won't pass an MOT and leaves you open to prosecution/persecution from the police.)

Just in case you missed it the first time, fair play if you didn't.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 03:43 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 04:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: Bear in mind that you need one box in the system for it to be legal, although you don't need the cat. (ie if you take the last box out of your system it will be illegal, won't pass an MOT and leaves you open to prosecution/persecution from the police.)

Just in case you missed it the first time, fair play if you didn't.

i did try it but it was too loud might get a custom backbox from infinity or longlife
as i use the car for towing.

Did sound f***ing sweet tho

thanks for you comments
Thanks given by:
Heh heh they do sound sick without boxes, really want a side-exit for mine... nom nom nom...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nice spare.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Side exits with no box's sound epic when flooring it past nice high walls and people with windows down
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 08:34 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Side exits with no box's sound epic when flooring it past nice high walls and people with windows down

That would sound epic

(10-09-2012, 08:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Heh heh they do sound sick without boxes, really want a side-exit for mine... nom nom nom...
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Is there a guide to de egr or a blanking plate to buy/make??
Thanks given by: