swaping injectors URGENT help needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swaping injectors URGENT help needed
My injectors are 008 I just bought some low mileage ones that end in 062 will these be ok to swap?? Anything I need to do to the new injectors before fitting??

Thanks given by:
cant help with the numbers, but youl need new sealing washers. obv make sure the surface is clean, and if you can, spray some penetrating fluid around where the injectors seal to aid getting them out they can be buggers
Thanks given by:
062s are fine, a quick search will bring you Cully's thread on exactly this.

EDIT: In fact, if you bring yourself to scroll down the page a little... Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
008/044/062/076 are all the same just 008 are the oldest and 076 being the newest

get new copper washers from pug to seal the injectors
part number 198196 they are £7.50 for 4

you can reuse the plastic guides Wink
Thanks given by:
Do i need new pipes to the injectors?

Thanks given by:
peugeot would say the hp injector pipes and common rail are one use

but i have changed my injectors twice now and still using the original hp pipes
Thanks given by:
The car has been to the garage to day to swap the injectors and the car will no longer start what can be the problem? i was under the understanding that there are a straight swap and they dont need codeing?? is there any way i can test the injectors to make sure there not duff ones??

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 11:13 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: The car has been to the garage to day to swap the injectors and the car will no longer start what can be the problem? i was under the understanding that there are a straight swap and they dont need codeing?? is there any way i can test the injectors to make sure there not duff ones??

I thought someone told me they need reprogramming? :/
Thanks given by:
They don't need reprogramming, that's only on much newer cars. How good is the mechanic you took it to, do you trust them? If there's any kind of dirt in the system it could have blocked up somewhere. Surely the garage that's got it has diagnostics?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 04:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: They don't need reprogramming, that's only on much newer cars. How good is the mechanic you took it to, do you trust them? If there's any kind of dirt in the system it could have blocked up somewhere. Surely the garage that's got it has diagnostics?

I stand corrected. :p
Thanks given by:
did hi prime the system? not just cranked it

turn key on wait 10 seconds / turn off/ turn on key wait 10 seconds/ do this 5/6 times before trying to start

this lets the low pressure tank pump push out all the air in the system

other than that did he plug the cam sensor back in as he would have to remove that to acsess no 4 injector,
or your new 008 injectors are fudged

and no the 306 DW10 injectors are not encoded to the ECU
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 07:28 AM)cully Wrote: did hi prime the system? not just cranked it

turn key on wait 10 seconds / turn off/ turn on key wait 10 seconds/ do this 5/6 times before trying to start

this lets the low pressure tank pump push out all the air in the system

other than that did he plug the cam sensor back in as he would have to remove that to acsess no 4 injector,
or your new 008 injectors are fudged

and no the 306 DW10 injectors are not encoded to the ECU

The new injectors are 062 my old ones were 008, im not sure on all that stuff as i didnt ask him im not that clued up on all this but i think i will change them my self next time as i know there not stuck in or owt now

(13-09-2012, 04:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: They don't need reprogramming, that's only on much newer cars. How good is the mechanic you took it to, do you trust them? If there's any kind of dirt in the system it could have blocked up somewhere. Surely the garage that's got it has diagnostics?

Yer i trust the garage ive used him for ages now he was peugeot trained at the start of his working life but he dosent have any dignostic merchines as far as i no, he nose what hes doing and never had a problem before im just takeing it as the injectors are dodgy

Thanks given by:
The fuel systems on these are pretty finicky, a little bit of dirt can wreak havoc. Try Cully's suggestion, priming it properly could do the trick. Seems odd that some low-mileage injectors would be knackered...

I don't understand how you can run a garage in this day and age without diagnostics...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: