Smooth bonnet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smooth bonnet
Just wondering what the deal is with smooth bonnets and washer jets?
Thanks given by:
WTF? How do you mean?

Do you mean smoothing the washer jets off of the bonnet and re-locating them to the scuttle panel?

I'm sure it could be done but I'm not sure it would be worth arsing around with.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
99% of people leave them where they are. I did and by the sounds of things so CAR. Like he says i aint worth the arsing about and also i think it looks better left there if you put xasra/307 mist jets in anywat

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Lol I've just bought a smooth bonnet and there's no holes for the washers! That what i meant haha. Sorry should of been clearer. Shall I just drill a couple of holes? What u mean mist jets and 307 jets mate. Not seen them?
Thanks given by:
colour code your jets, that's what i did with the last old car, will get round to it on this one too . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 09:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: colour code your jets, that's what i did with the last old car, will get round to it on this one too . .Smile

Matts pink ones looked good lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The bonnet is completely smooth. No holes for the jets.

Was basically Askin if I'm gonna have to drill holes through it
Thanks given by:
Surely you will be able to see where the holes were on the underside? It'll only be filler get a screwdriver through it
Thanks given by:
DONT stick a screw driver though it you will flake the pant on the top side. Try to locate the filler on the top and drill them back through gentely

And mist jets xsara or 307 ones are much better form of washer jet that are a straight swap with no modding needed to make them fit and they also work better

Thanks given by:
Oh right Smile and I'll have a look when it's back from getting sprayed. Wish I'd done it before it had gone Sad
Thanks given by:
Would of been a bit more ideal to do it before hand TBH

This is from puglove btw ^^^ the mrs leaving her self logged in again lol
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
I know Sad didn't realise til I dropped it off. Will text him later see if he has sprayed it yet
Thanks given by:
Can anyone tell me what size hole I'll need to drill? He hast sprayed it yet thank god haha
Thanks given by:
Its not just a hole, there's a notch in it as well, would be best to get another 306 and pop the washer out to copy it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just relocate them to the scuttle panel and be different Big Grin Not worth the risk now youve sprayed it up!
Thanks given by:
The guy hasn't sprayed it he's gonna drill a hole in it before he sprays it and I'll make it bigger if required then use a file or something for the notch. Wouldn't have a clue how to put em on scuttle panel mate
Thanks given by:
Jobs a gooden then, lucky that!

And the Better washer/mist jets i was ttalking about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XSARA-...19d498272e

Thanks given by:
Get some wipers off a merc van, they have washer jets built in.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont use the xsara jets, they aim too low on the windscreen. Iirc the 307 ones are perfect.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I'll get some off eBay when I get the bonnet back. What's the difference in 306 and 307 jets though?
Thanks given by:
The 306 jets just squirt 2 streams of water at the screen whereas the 307 ones mist it on.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 06:14 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Dont use the xsara jets, they aim too low on the windscreen. Iirc the 307 ones are perfect.

I found there to be no differece and several places across the tinternet list xsara/picasso/307/207 ETC ETC as one item so im assuming they are the same part, and mine are from a 307

Thanks given by:
you want the ones with the part number ending V8
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 06:34 PM)Birk Wrote: Get some wipers off a merc van, they have washer jets built in.

i agree. i dont see the point in making your bonnet `unsmooth` when you want smooth. just feed the pipes under the scuttle panel and zip tie them to the wiper arms so they point at the window

Cool
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bonnet smooth David 6 1,624 28-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Last Post: David